28mm(?) Warhammer(?) Deathroller

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I got this rather awfully painted mini from a friend who's just started painting (can you tell?) asking if I'd repaint it for him. So I did.
20240402_192104.jpg20240402_192123.jpg20240402_193017.jpg

You can see that there are pretty intrusive print layers (I think it's probably knock-off?)
If I'd known how well it would turn out I'd've spent more time prepping it. All I did was sand off the print lines on the rim directly above the mad pilot.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You're making a fine job of the repaint although the sculpt/print is pretty poor.
It is, isn't it? I've only ever bought figures from respected sellers like El Greco Miniatures for myself, so I've never seen anything quite this dire before. Makes me realise it's worth spending extra to get top quality stuff - otherwise what's the point in expending effort painting them?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks like father Xmas in a diving bell……you are making a decent job of a pretty poor print though. Not a great one for your mate to cut his teeth on really.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks like father Xmas in a diving bell……you are making a decent job of a pretty poor print though. Not a great one for your mate to cut his teeth on really.
I've said that to him. He wants to get a printer because "it'll be cheaper in the long run" :tired:.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I've said that to him. He wants to get a printer because "it'll be cheaper in the long run" :tired:.
Not sure about cheaper, depends what he wants to paint. He will probably have to pay for some of the files for a start. On the other hand, a resin printer would give him far better results than that.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Probably no more than half a dozen or so busts these days, but that doesn’t include the file or resin costs.