A-6E Intruder

0ne48thtel

Here is the finished Plane.

It is the Revell 1/48 Intruder the kit it's self wasn't to bad with good detailing. However there were more than a few fit issues that needed sorting. On the belly of the aircraft the two inserts needed filling the front wheel well is part of this assembly. This made the sanding quite difficult as the joins were close to the bay doors.

On the rest of the palne there were the usual wing root issues that needed addressing and the cockpit front glass wasn't without problems although I was already aware of this issue after reading a couple of reviews.

Research was also needed as some of the nav/anti collision lights were omitted from the instructions. One probelm I wasn't able to fix was the air intakes so join lines can still be seen inside.

I used Vallejo 905 and 989 to get the two tone grey scheme over primer grey and permanent marker oen around the panels. Once applied I went over it with Klear before decalling. As I wanted this to look a bit old I used matt varnish over the decals followed by a misting of the afore mentioned colours to fade the decals down.

This might read as a lot of negatives but over all the kit was fun to build. I did away with the kit cockpit and used an A/M one thie fitting of this was one of the easiest I have done to date. Although I can't for the life of me remember who it was by. Anyway enjoy the pics and thanks for looking

View attachment 71338

View attachment 71339

View attachment 71340

View attachment 71341

View attachment 71342

View attachment 71343

View attachment 71344

View attachment 71345

View attachment 71346

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

K

Kressy_13

Nice work mate. A fine looking aircraft that deserves respect. You did it justice, no doubt about it. Congrats.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great looking aircraft , you've done a great job

W

Willi262

Good job!

I have to say I am a little biased against the A6E. I never really liked the design of it that much. Most of the American designs of modern aircraft I am not very fond of, except maybe the F15, 16, 18 (a little bit) and the A10 "tank buster".

I think the only thing missing from this picture would be a backdrop of an aircraft carrier flight deck at sea.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Great looking Intruder Terry, top work mate.

Tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice job Terry, it has come out very nicely indeed.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
BTW how did you get on with the ballast or did you use the hook method? :smiling3:

0ne48thtel

\ said:
BTW how did you get on with the ballast or did you use the hook method? :smiling3:
cheers Joe I couln't use the hook as it is part of the mould for the underside of the plane so instead used a clear piece of sprew :sad: . Still it liiks better than having it sat on it's tail.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good job Terry, I can't see it. I had to do that for my P-38, couldn't get enough weight in the nose.

First Name
Dave
Great build Terry.The resin cockpit makes a big difference.Especially the seats.

0ne48thtel

Thanks Dave I would agree with you on that and it wasn't to hard to do either