Academy 1/32 Sopwith Camel F.1

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
After a sudden temperature drop I won’t be airbrushing for a while so have decided in a moment of madness to hand paint it. Never tackled anything this big so wish me luck

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Instrument panel looks good. Always nice to get the fuselage halves together with minimum fettling. Good luck with the painting.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Instrument panel looks good. Always nice to get the fuselage halves together with minimum fettling. Good luck with the painting.
Thanks Jim, I’ve noticed that the real instrument panel actually comes up between the guns so might need to add a bit when they’re fitted.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Best of British for the painting!

I know what you mean about the temperature. It was -3 when I went in last night! I'm currently in the house doing non-smelly bits :tears-of-joy:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Best of British for the painting!

I know what you mean about the temperature. It was -3 when I went in last night! I'm currently in the house doing non-smelly bits :tears-of-joy:
Thanks Andy, had to bring the airbrush indoors to revive it

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mick, sorry for a late arrival, firstly hope you good lady is continuing to improve.

That looks a fine kit judging by the wall its going to be some size when done, have you enough room for it :smiling:

Think what you got painted so far with this cold is good, love the office .

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mick, sorry for a late arrival, firstly hope you good lady is continuing to improve.

That looks a fine kit judging by the wall its going to be some size when done, have you enough room for it :smiling:

Think what you got painted so far with this cold is good, love the office .
Better late than never thanks JR
It is quite big but there’s always room somewhere

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Coming on nicely mick , i know what you mean about the cold, my progress is stopped by the freezing shed too.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
A little more progress but night shift and reduced nursing duties causing delays. For mounting the top wing and struts there are large mounting points but just a little too large allowing movement in the struts but it looks ok now. For some reason fitting the engine cowling was also a pig and had to be beaten into submission
IMG_3219.jpegIMG_3220.jpeg
next up clear coat and decals before I start the stringing.