Achtung Jabo! Dragon 1/35 Ostwind (pic heavy)

D

dubster72

Here's one I'm very pleased with. An excellent kit, although joining the halves of the turret was a real PITA.

Painted with Ammo by Mig acrylics & Humbrol enamels, weathered with oils & artists pastels for pigments.

The figures are from the Dragon Achtung Jabo set. The foliage is formed from real leaves using one of my leaf punches.

20161230_001255-1.jpg 20161230_001318-1.jpg 20161230_001334-1.jpg 20161230_001355-1.jpg 20161230_001634-1.jpg 20161230_001722.jpg 20161230_001741-1.jpg 20161230_001830.jpg 20161230_001857-1.jpg 20161230_001951-1.jpg 20161230_002104-1.jpg 20161230_002200-1.jpg

I made a simple base from a picture frame, faux fur for the grass & a sprig of a bush from the garden.

20161230_002546-1.jpg 20161230_002636.jpg 20161230_002701-1.jpg 20161230_002731.jpg

Thanks for looking :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
outstanding ,stunning work,Patrick ,love it,great,:D
real nicely done,do like the chipping,and mud buildup on the lower hull,
the brach camo looks great these,s punchers work well,must get some as well,;)
real nice paint on the figures,looking real good,well done with them,
what color did you use as it looks like a blue/gray to me,?
and is that long grass that fur stuff ?
grand job :D

P

Polux

Nice to see another of your builds finished Patrick!
Really you have your own style mate, fine work ;)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent work Patrick. I've seen sneak previews of this throughout the build (figures etc) but the the whole ensemble together is quite something.
Outstanding

Paul

D

dubster72

outstanding ,stunning work,Patrick ,love it,great,:D
real nicely done,do like the chipping,and mud buildup on the lower hull,
the brach camo looks great these,s punchers work well,must get some as well,;)
real nice paint on the figures,looking real good,well done with them,
what color did you use as it looks like a blue/gray to me,?
and is that long grass that fur stuff ?
grand job :D

Thanks very much Monica! The leaf punches are pretty good & I'm going to try out more ideas for realistic foliage in 2017. It's an area that interests me greatly.
The figures look more blue under lights than in real life. I used oils, drybrushing them & then dabbing with a brush lightly moistened with white spirit to blend the colours in.

The grass is faux fur, the kind used for making soft toys. I added the shades of green by hand & I think it worked out well.

Nice to see another of your builds finished Patrick!
Really you have your own style mate, fine work ;)

Thanks Polux :smiling3:

Nice work Patrick

Thanks Colin :smiling3:

Cracking work Patrick and it looks fantastic on the base.

Thank you Ian. That base very nearly didn't happen. I'm not much of a one for doing bases, but I persevered & am happy with the result - good practice for Terry's upcoming GB ;)

D

dubster72

Excellent work Patrick. I've seen sneak previews of this throughout the build (figures etc) but the the whole ensemble together is quite something.
Outstanding

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'm very happy with how it turned out. I think it's probably my best work thus far.

N

noble

Stunning work Patrick love those figures and the camouflage mate top notch, nice subtle weathering too.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You got every right to be pleased Patrick - that's a cracker!

T

tommy1drop

Stunning build and finish Patrick, great work on the base and figures, so much to take in and look at.

D

Doug Hughes

Fantastic stuff, Patrick. A few details stand out for me - the nicely understated Zimmeritt, the stains round the filler cap, and that 37mm gun is a work of art! And it all looks even better on the base.

D

dubster72

Stunning work Patrick love those figures and the camouflage mate top notch, nice subtle weathering too.

Thanks Scott :smiling3:
You got every right to be pleased Patrick - that's a cracker!
Thanks Dave :smiling3:
Stunning build and finish Patrick, great work on the base and figures, so much to take in and look at.
Thank you for those kind words Tommy :smiling3:

Fantastic stuff, Patrick. A few details stand out for me - the nicely understated Zimmeritt, the stains round the filler cap, and that 37mm gun is a work of art! And it all looks even better on the base.

Thanks but I can't take credit for the Zimmerit Doug, that comes moulded on the kit! I was messing around with oils & the fuel stains kinda happened by accident ;)

The gun is a kit all on its own. Lots of parts, and I thought I'd make it look as though it was taken from an flak emplacement - hence the lack of camo.

J

John Rixon

Wow! Those figures are the shizzle Patrick! Good work :smiling:

On a side note, the Dio's none too shabby either!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Thanks very much Monica! The leaf punches are pretty good & I'm going to try out more ideas for realistic foliage in 2017. It's an area that interests me greatly.
The figures look more blue under lights than in real life. I used oils, drybrushing them & then dabbing with a brush lightly moistened with white spirit to blend the colours in.

The grass is faux fur, the kind used for making soft toys. I added the shades of green by hand & I think it worked out well.
ta for the info,its all worked so well,and looks great,base and all,
the making of the foliage is what I,m interested in as well,as I,m never real happy with how,my dose turn out,:rolleyes:
will be keeping an eye out,for if you start some type of tut,on it,:D

D

dubster72

ta for the info,its all worked so well,and looks great,base and all,
the making of the foliage is what I,m interested in as well,as I,m never real happy with how,my dose turn out,:rolleyes:
will be keeping an eye out,for if you start some type of tut,on it,:D

Hehe I think a tutorial would be beyond my limited abilities!

B

Builder

Patrick mate. One word... Masterpiece.
The chipping is perfect, the weathering is perfect, the tools look real, and those figures mate wow!. Just superb work all round.