Advice ref painting a plastic ship deck

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I just searched for "HMS Belfast London" on Google earth and zoomed in on the image. Some interesting colour variations.
Pete
There's also a picture of Nelson or Rodney looking forward at the three triple turrets. The variation in the planking is very interesting.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I saw a build of a 1/350 ship (maybe the Graf Spee?) by a guy called Guido Hopp. He started with one colour then masked about 10% individual planks at random and sprayed them a slightly different colour - and mask another 10% then repeat until the last lot of masking.

The result was truly amazing but that's a LOT of work!

PS He had a major disaster with his build when a shelf collapsed on it just before it was finished. He must have been totally gutted!
Saw that myself on YouTube, it was Graf Spee and a lot of work and after that the shelf!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I saw a build of a 1/350 ship (maybe the Graf Spee?) by a guy called Guido Hopp. He started with one colour then masked about 10% individual planks at random and sprayed them a slightly different colour - and mask another 10% then repeat until the last lot of masking.

Not single planks, but that is more or less wot I do. But the easy way....With a brush! Wink, wink! :upside:

Ivor Caulkin Gunn

Last edited: