Aeroplast BM 13-24 Katyusha in 1/35 scale.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
IM IN AS WELL ON THIS MR J/R
CHRS
Hi Chris ,welcome seat at the front reserved for you .No shouting or throwing things please .:smiling3:
Sorry John but your dios are a highpoint of the forum. Something we all rather expect now :smiling: :hugging-face:
That's very kind of you Jim, I shall have to think of a good street scene then .

Sorry I'm late, something to do with the shortage of lorry drivers, now sitting comfrotable, pointy shoes off, so hip hop away.......
Hippty Hopping as we go Mike .

Looking good so far John, never heard of this kit maker before, where did you get it?

Andy.
Hi Andy , Jadar Hobbies Poland . One of those old Eastern European makers , not the best but ok and a least no great sections of flash .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Off to a good start on this one JR.........I'll hang out by the door incase Matron is lurking about. :thumb2:
Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris ,welcome seat at the front reserved for you .No shouting or throwing things please .
(J/R QUOTE )

HI MR J/R i'll have you know im not like all the rabble lol :rolling: :tongue-out3: an im very well behaved when im in my reserved seat at the front :thinking::smiling:on the q/t ive got a custard pie secreted in me hands if things do get out of hand by the rabble lol:rolling::tongue-out3::smiling::smiling::smiling:
signed a rabble member lol:rolling::smiling::tongue-out3:

• Love
Reactions: JR

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Chris ,welcome seat at the front reserved for you .No shouting or throwing things please .
(J/R QUOTE )

HI MR J/R i'll have you know im not like all the rabble lol :rolling: :tongue-out3: an im very well behaved when im in my reserved seat at the front :thinking::smiling:on the q/t ive got a custard pie secreted in me hands if things do get out of hand by the rabble lol:rolling::tongue-out3::smiling::smiling::smiling:
I'm glad you told us the pie was secreted in your hands and not in your back pocket :tears-of-joy:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm glad you told us the pie was secreted in your hands and not in your back pocket :tears-of-joy:
WELL Mike :thinking: :rolling: it would get a bit sqisshy if it was in my back pocket would'nt it an in no fit state to throw at J/R if he make a bo bo on his build an the rabble gets out of controll lol:rolling::tongue-out3::smiling::smiling::smiling:
a rabble member lol

• Wow

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Off to a good start on this one JR.........I'll hang out by the door incase Matron is lurking about. :thumb2:
Rick H.

She's at the back in full disguise, so be careful Rick:smiling2:.

(J/R QUOTE )

:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3: Should have realised that Chris, but no crumbs please.

WELL Mike :thinking: :rolling: it would get a bit sqisshy if it was in my back pocket would'nt it an in no fit state to throw at J/R if he make a bo bo on his build an the rabble gets out of controll lol:rolling::tongue-out3::smiling::smiling::smiling:
a rabble member lol

There is no need to threaten the rabble Chris they are quite capable of causing enough trouble with out any help:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Afternoon all.

While waiting for the tracks I decided to make up some wooden rocket boxes. Using the .8 Bass Wood as the material and some 4 ply twisted cotton with a finger smoothing in some CA. Doing that gets rid of any fluff on the cotton and also binds the thread.

2021.jpg2021_2.jpg
2021_3.jpg

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
BLIMEY they look real in them amo boxes hope they dont cook off lol very nice work sir
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Afternoon all.

While waiting for the tracks I decided to make up some wooden rocket boxes. Using the .8 Bass Wood as the material and some 4 ply twisted cotton with a finger smoothing in some CA. Doing that gets rid of any fluff on the cotton and also binds the thread.

View attachment 433923View attachment 433924
View attachment 433925

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.
Incoming comment......

"They're really rather good Comrade!!"

Here endeth the comment!

Seriously though, they look very, very good indeed. Love the idea of using CA to smooth it out...... How do you stop the CA sticking your fingers to it? I have found water or washing up liquid works fine but leaves the hard set white CA residue on your fingers and thumbs....

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
With a little stain and or 4BO and some "Rooskie" stenciling......pure genius. :thumb2: Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
BLIMEY they look real in them amo boxes hope they dont cook off lol very nice work sir
chris
Thanks Chris...

John,
Sorry mate i missed this but in now. Great work on the ammo boxes.
No problem Paul, thanks.

Incoming comment......

"They're really rather good Comrade!!"

Here endeth the comment!

Seriously though, they look very, very good indeed. Love the idea of using CA to smooth it out...... How do you stop the CA sticking your fingers to it? I have found water or washing up liquid works fine but leaves the hard set white CA residue on your fingers and thumbs....
Andrew having a bit of CA on a finger and thumb is nothing to what I had at work ! I rubbed it down the thread quickly and just wiped the finger and thumb on a cloth. The dry residue just comes off with a finger nail as its so thin.

With a little stain and or 4BO and some "Rooskie" stenciling......pure genius. :thumb2: Rick H.
Good suggestions Rich, I've got some small Russian stencils that our good friends Allen and Fernando kindly sent me some time ago after they had been to a show.

Super job John.
Thanks Tim, more fun than bloody plastic tracks !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew having a bit of CA on a finger and thumb is nothing to what I had at work ! I rubbed it down the thread quickly and just wiped the finger and thumb on a cloth. The dry residue just comes off with a finger nail as its so thin.

Thanks John, much appreciated.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Pyro,
Sorry man I'm just catching up here, serves me right for blinking my eyes after your KV2 endeavor. Geez you're like a Marine charging up Mount Suribachi lol !
Well heck, concession stand was closed so I'll just stand in the back here with Rick H. And keep a lookout for.... say, who is Matron anyway? Is that like Nurse Ratched ?