AFV Club SdKfz 251 UHU completed

D

dubster72

He cuts a rather lonely figure there Graham, as he darns his missing sock  9_9

But an excellent build of the Uhu, set off nicely by the base. Top job! 

Very well done Graham. The 251 series do build into very interesting subjects. Which one's next on the list and where's his other sock?

Tom

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Superb dio great ground work and on the 251 and my favourite the figure on the stich 

N

noble

that's a show winner graham, beautiful paint work and nice camouflage not to mention it's a 251.

scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Graham,very well done,real nice camo and paint work to the 251,do real like the figure as well

so well done the whole  scene,great looking dio,and very well done, with the tree ,there never easy to do,great work, :D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4539

I have watched this and the work you have put into is excellent. :smiling3:

All the work you have done on the 251 and the groundwork is top notch and everything blends well together.

And well done on your 1st tree. :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

I have watched this and the work you have put into is excellent. :smiling3:

All the work you have done on the 251 and the groundwork is top notch and everything blends well together.

And well done on your 1st tree. :smiling3:

Cheers Ralph.  It was great fun to do but the more I look at it the more I realise how naive and toy like it looks.  Lots more practice needed and maybe steer clear of countryside dioramas and go for urban.  Nature is very difficult to reproduce.  :smiling3:

S

Stevekir

Nice tank, but the thing that caught my eye was the grass. It is the most lifelike I have seen. It is not bland and smooth but lumpy, with bits sticking up.

How did you get this effect please?

S

Stevekir

Nice tank, but the thing that caught my eye was the grass. It is the most lifelike I have seen. It is not bland and smooth but lumpy, with bits sticking up.

F

Fenlander

Quite simple Steve.  Just like nature, it needs different types of 'grass'.  I used three different types of static grass, two types of cluster or clump scatter grass and some rougher dried groundwork under the tree.  

The longest of the static grass was used last over the top of the shorter ones using hairspray as an adhesive.  Although it is tempting to just do them randomly, I used the clump grass, which is what the tree is made from, mainly on the sloping side of the ground to make it appear more bushy.  I then used it sparingly on the flat areas just enough to represent tufty grass.

I did intend to add some longer 'faux fur' patches and some reed type grasses but I realised that it wasn't going to get any better so I called it a day  9_9