Aichi E13A1 Jake 1:144 stripped

First Name
Peter
Hi,
It took almost a year to finish this model. Of course I took a couple of breaks but I think they were necessary as I couldn't rush with such a project. This is my first stripped model in 1:144. It gave me a lot of fun so I'm planning to build more models like this. And every next one is going to be better ;)

G1.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

G6.jpg

G7.jpg

G8.jpg

G9.jpg

G10.jpg

G11.jpg

G12.jpg

G13.jpg

Best regards,
Marudek

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now Peter that is one very outstanding build I loved every update of the build. And like I said the finished article is just sublime.

First Name
Peter
Thank you guys!

This model has some flaws but building it I learnt how to handle these little stringers because sometimes it was a bit tricky :D

Now I'm thinking of another seaplane to be stripped ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb Peter ! Amazing microscopic skills . It looks fantastic , cant wait to see the next one. If youre wanting to do another 1/144 seaplane then Sweet do a double boxing of the Nakajima Rufe . I made this kit a while back and it would be a perfect starting point for your scratchbuild, it even has a tiny beaching trolley . cheers tony

First Name
Peter
Hi Tony!

Thanks for the tip. I already got the Rufe from F-Toys (along with their other seaplanes ;) ) I'm thinking of stripping a Kawanishi Alf and putting it on a catapult (in paint scheme from Nachi), but I havent decided yet. Before I start another stripped project, I need to clear my workbench of some other 1:144 models that I've started in the meantime .

Cheers,
Peter

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Peter. 1/144 scale too, you must have the eye capabilities of an insect :smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

That's amazing, Peter. All modellers need patience but that's above a beyond, and the end result looks fabulous. Though I think you should also show a picture of yourself next to the model - if you're less than one foot tall it's a cheat!

First Name
Peter
Hi guys!

Thank you very much for your kind words. The last picture from my workshop thread can give you rough idea of the size:

71.jpg

You can also see there the magnifying glass I use to see what I'm doing. Without it I wouldn't be able to make it even in 1:72 :smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Excellent work mate, couldn't imagine myself doing that!
John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Peter, crazy and beautiful - All wrapped up in one superb model!

T

Trekkie_John

WOW! Can't think of anything else to say, just WOW!

Have fun, John

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Absolutely brilliant thanks for sharing

Regards
Colin