air nozzle replacement ?

M

minisurfer

had a airbrush with my as80 compressor i think it was only a cheap china one and i broke the nozzle whilst over tightening it with the spanner. I looked on ebay and found a nozzle and needle replacement so i bought it thinking it would be the same.

Now the airbrush sound like its spluttering and even with water sprayed through its not an even coat more like the orange peel effect. I took out the nozzle but my spanner didn't fit. lucky it was only hand tight.

I tried again still same problem. It also seemed to lack pressure so i turned it up to 30 psi but still came through low pressure until i took off the nozzle cover then i could feel the pressure. I am thinking that the new nozzle is too long or maybe the needle comes out too much and blocks the airflow. Do i continue to spend money repairing it or get a better one with reliable spares.

I was looking at the VEDA WD-180 AIRBRUSH or the TD-183k Gravity Feed D/Action 2/5/13cc Cup Airbrush Kit w/ Air Connector Filter any views on these its my price range.

cheers Gaz.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Gaz, sounds like the nozzle is incompatible with your air-brush. You could try and pull the needle back a tad and see if that improves it. However, if you can afford it, then I would replace witha good quality AB.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Dave
I don't know how much you can afford to spend on an airbrush.But if I were you I would throw it in the bin and buy an Iwata.I used to use cheap airbrushes and had various problems with them.The only one that was any good I couldn't get spares for.So I bought an Iwata Revolution and a Smart Pro compressor.Brilliant pieces of kit.Only problem now is I can't blame the tools if I do a crap paint job!.I hear the ' Neo for Iwata' are good airbrushes and cost around the £50 mark.

Last edited by a moderator: