Airborne's One and Half tonner

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Finally managed some free time from household major revamps so can start this build. As stated earlier it's the MiniArt L1500S I.5 ton truck; moulded in a softish grey plastic the kit contains a plethora of fine detail (including'furniture', crates and 'carpets'! 2 small PE frets, clear plastic and a comprehensive decal sheet for all five liveries (some very colourful!). The crates and furniture had a surprising amount of flash to clear up, and the fact that the plastic is soft meant that clean-ups for sharp edges were not that easy to obtain; having said that the remainder of the kit is mercifully free of flash which is a relief considering the fineness of some detail.
I've basically completed page one of the instructions (Page 4) and the extras (just to get a Mojo jump lead!). The instructions are generally clear but it doesn't pay to not peruse the illustrations carefully as location marks are (at best) minimal and it's easy to overlook them (don't ask...)
Anyway, on with the motley and here is progress so far (broke parts on the engine as I was about to take photo's so don't look too closely!) Tamiya grey primer,the blood and sweat is mine!
SteveIMG_0305.JPGIMG_0303.JPGIMG_0302.JPGIMG_0300.JPGIMG_0301.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice choice Steve. I like MiniArt kits. They do tend to have a lot of tiny parts. That seems to be the way all manufacturers are going. More parts, better detail, higher price :rolling: MiniArt do various versions of this I think. Which kit is this?

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice choice Steve. I like MiniArt kits. They do tend to have a lot of tiny parts. That seems to be the way all manufacturers are going. More parts, better detail, higher price :rolling: MiniArt do various versions of this I think. Which kit is this?
This is kit No. 38051 Jim - the 'L1500S German 1.5t Truck' - I mistakenly posted the sprue shots and info on the Chat Thread and got a slap on the wrist from Ian :sad: ! (Sorry again Ian!)
Steve