Airfix 1/32 British,Australian and Japanese

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
J

Jack10

Hi I'm new to all this. Very much a beginner only been doing it a few weeks so don't be too mean. Here's my completed airfix 1/32 scale Japanese, British and Australian units ( my son has played with them so a few guns have been broken/paint chipped off) what'severyone think?
IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
good going for a first attempt. These soft plastic airfix figures are a real pain to keep in good condition once painted. I painted a lot of these as a teenager and they flexed and lost paint at the slightest handling.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good to me Jack , figures are a very tricky thing to paint but youve got the knack for sure , welcome to the forum , cheers tony

J

Jack10

good going for a first attempt. These soft plastic airfix figures are a real pain to keep in good condition once painted. I painted a lot of these as a teenager and they flexed and lost paint at the slightest handling.
Thanks for your comments really appreciate it. Yeah I'm gonna try a few different naked, maybe buy some tamiya ones next to see which I prefer to paint

J

Jack10

Looking good to me Jack , figures are a very tricky thing to paint but youve got the knack for sure , welcome to the forum , cheers tony
Thanks I was quite happy with the end result not prefect but they ended up looking ok and my little boy loves them Thank you again

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
They look good to me. Well done. :smiling3:

J

Jack10

Which paint is best to paint these figures with? I used humbrol enamel paints but I've seen a lot of people using acrylic paints on YouTube and they look very realistic

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think it is pretty much up to the individual. I used to paint warhammer figures and I used acrylics. The good thing with acrylics they dry quickly.
Do you only do figures or will you venture into other areas?

J

Jack10

I have been looking to buy maybe a model tank/plane. A fairly easy one for beginners. But for now I'm just enjoying painting my figures although I don't get much time to do it. But yes definitely in the future I plan to buy and build some model vehicles. I love looking at people's dioramas on here but think it'll be a long way off till I attempt one of those

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Figures have always been a weak point in my modelling days but you have defo got the hang of it. With all modelling practice makes perfect but we always have to not be to critical of our work

Well done

Robert

S

skinwants

Professionally painted BA Hons Fine Art (recognized qualification). Painted using only vallejo correct colour and matt varnished for added protection.

These Posters have been digitally restored so that there are no scuff marks, creases, tears, or stains. The colours are nice and sharp, and vibrant. These look factory fresh! These posters will be rolled up and despatched in a very sturdy poster tube so that they reach you in perfect condition.