Airfix 1/48 Bristol Blenheim Mk1

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew
Looking good the wash has come out great.
Scottie...... You mean Barry.... ;)

I think you've done what I've done a few times in the past and taken another poster's name....:sad:

ATB

Andrew

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I had an accident, dropping the model, while trying to get into awkward places. The model rattled when I picked it up and found that the very nice instrument panel had broken away.

I waited until I had done the final matt coat to remove the masking and to see if I could fit it back in through the gap I left in the top. Sadly there was no way I could find to hold the piece in the right position to slot it through the gap and over into position. In the end I decided to seal up the canopy without the i.p. Annoying, I just won’t have to look closely into the cockpit….

Strangely this is the second time in a row where an internal part came loose. Both times it was where I used superglue to fix painted parts into place. I won’t do that again….

4F86C1AD-5BAB-48F8-A7E9-BE93B1CA9608.jpeg

Anyway I have finished the weathering and final fittings. Here is how she looks now. I will do a completed thread soon.

E1F978A7-34D4-4DB1-A214-688B1E28C3A7.jpeg

Photos still not positioning in the correct perspective even where it looks OK on the phone.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Bummer! CA is brittle and breaks very easy if shocked but I guess you know that by now. I hate the stuff!
Regarding the photos being in the wrong orientation, Which way are you holding your phone. Up-down as if talking of sideways?
A solution is in sight but will happen after John has moved the shop to another server...