Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
A nice start Leslie is it the new tooling Airfix ?
I dont think its a new tool its just a re release with new decals. But the original kit is a good'n.

Ian M

V

Vajled

I dont know nothing about Lightning but cockpit to me looks great

Roman

First Name
Aaron
I'm with Roman, I dont know anything about this aircraft, excecpt that its one of my brothers fav planes.

That office looks great! Very nice start.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
good luck with the build Leslie. Its such a shame that we will never see Lightnings fly in the UK again.Since the death of Dave Stock and the closure of Thunder city in South Africa I wonder if we will ever see them fly again.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thank you for putting me right Leslie and Ian M. I just thought it was new tool not new box, any way still a nice start and looks good with the Eduards interior, keep up the good work

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good to me. Have Airfix put a figure in the box or is it one you have from another kit. I can't recall a figure in the one I did a while ago?

Just two things to remember; lots of weight as far forward as you can get it to keep the nose wheel on the ground.

The second thing is a simple one. You can't have to many Lightnings.

Ian M

First Name
Chris
Looking good Leslie, this is on my to build list so shall watch your build with interest. If you haven't read it I highly recommend The Lightning Boys by Richard Pike.

Regards

Chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice. I too will be putting this on the wish list soon.

G

Gren

Yes Ian M the figure did come in the box.I have some lead weight strips that I use on the plants for the fish-tank,so I can use that should be OK for that.only done a little more to the lightning,so will not put any pict; up yet

Thanks Chris about the book.I have not read it,but have just ordered it so looking forward to reading it.

Thanks for your help and advice much appreciated.