Airfix 1/48 hawker Hurricane MkI

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
whilst I await the decals from the the very generous and all round nice guy Steve aka stona I thought I'd throw this together and I think it looks ok aperture from the starboard roundel I smudged and to date it's my best hurricane so I'm pleased with that :smiling3:

The kit has all the hallmarks of old tool airfix like the cockpit canopy not having a frame and the rather odd looking rotol propellers and a warped fuselage and raised panel lines but I think I knocked it into shape without too much effortView attachment 90114

View attachment 90115

View attachment 90116

View attachment 90117

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That came out nicely Alan, great build except you need some landing lights :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys glad you like it :smiling3:

Joe this is the day time version :D

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Very nice Alan love the daytime version

P

phikoleoputra

Alan, awesome build you got there, nicely done. How can you achieve that kind of paint job with a paint brush?!?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O

D

dubster72

Top job Alan! Impressive work with your hairy sticks, I'd never be able to do that!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

Leo and Patrick this is a technique I've just started using , the edges of the camo are dabbed on giving an almost sprayed on look and the smoke burn is oil paint rubbed with a finger and clean dry brush to give a faded look

Oh and the air ministry have now employed someone to attach the landing lights :D View attachment 90137

image.jpg

First Name
Dave
Nice I have a soft spot for hurricanes my grandad was ground crew on them during the war. I've never built one though.

Dave