Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109E

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've heard of a quick weekend build but this is a day build lol I started at 10 this morning and only stopped for dinner :D

This is Adolf Gallands fighter and I have a figure of Galland so I will put it on a base and have him standing next to it

Just some touching up to do and put a swastika on the tail and it's done :smiling3: View attachment 82233

View attachment 82234

View attachment 82235

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow is what i can say a one day build,and it looks fantastic as well, great paint work,and ever with the pershading , :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks Moni I appreciate that

It was brush painted as well :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice build Al, very detailed and great effects, nice one; like it very much.

Si:smiling3:

D

dubster72

How the hell do you turn out such great builds so fast Alan??

I know that continental drift is quicker than me, but you're like Usain Bolt on Bolivian marching powder!

Great build, it looks top notch! and brush painted too? Well, that's well worth a gong!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
How the hell do you turn out such great builds so fast Alan??I know that continental drift is quicker than me, but you're like Usain Bolt on Bolivian marching powder!

Great build, it looks top notch! and brush painted too? Well, that's well worth a gong!
Patrick I don't know I guess I was in the zone today , the kit is excellent not a single problem with it

And I used a hair dryer to speed up paint drying time :D

Bolivian marching powder lol I'll have to nick that one :D

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Alan, you must have motored through this but it has come out top notch.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers joe and Patrick I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

P

Polux

Wow!! You made this beauty with just one day?!? :eek:

Alan...you and me have to talk....you have to explain your secret :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Lovely build ;)

B

Bunkerbarge

I particularly like the weathering and textures on the undersides. I also think the brush painting has worked well with the mottling looking as good as any airbrushed finish.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks I'm pleased you like it

Polux my secret is a hair dryer :D

To be honest folks the kit is the same as the 1/72 new tool , this was the best aircraft kit I have built , not only did everything fit perfectly and I do mean perfectly the panel lines are deep

The only thing I would say that is annoying is the decal instructions , again it's new tool and many decals are on the sheet but your not told where to put them

Still with this small annoyance I would still give this kit a 10/10:smiling3:

First Name
Mike
I'd have a job finishing a 1/144 Bf109 in a day, let alone a detailed 1/48 kit. Great job.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I'd have a job finishing a 1/144 Bf109 in a day, let alone a detailed 1/48 kit. Great job.
Cheers Tbh mate I wouldn't say there were many more parts than the 1/72 scale , this kit only had 55 pieces :smiling3: