SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Top job, really nice Spitfire.

Cheers

Steve

D

Doug Hughes

Good work, Dave. I love the slightly patchy effect of the different shades on the upper surfaces - really brings the kit to life.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
One of the best you've made Dave, great paint work and finishing. Sounds like a gem of a kit.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stunning Spitfire Dave. The colour variation on the upper surfaces (pre-shade?) works particularly well. Nice restrained weathering.

Great work

P

J

John Rixon

Corking build! Am just varnishing mine prior to applying the decals. did you use the little red Machine gun covering patches supplied, or did you paint yours? if you used the decals, any tips on folding such a small decal over a wing edge? Frankly, I'm nervous about this!!

First Name
Robert
I've said it once I've said it a thousand times " you can never get enough from seeing a good spitfire in any guise or mark. They just look so good once built.

Think I'm going to have to get a few more to add to my collection.

Awesome build and painting, weathering and subtle wear and tear.

Did someone already award a golden gong?

Well here's another

Robert;) ;) :smiling3: :smiling3: ;)

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Corking build! Am just varnishing mine prior to applying the decals. did you use the little red Machine gun covering patches supplied, or did you paint yours? if you used the decals, any tips on folding such a small decal over a wing edge? Frankly, I'm nervous about this!![/quote
The red patches were kit supplied decals and went on without any problems.I just pressed then down gently with a tissue to conform with the wing leading edge.

J

John Rixon

Thanks for that, I shall give it a go, having brush painted the whole model, I wasn't looking forward to masking those bad-boys out!

And the replacement canopy you kindly gave me has come up dandy. Thanks again!

B

BigZimmo

Good job, Dave!!! Especially the faded camouflage is great.......well done, mate!!

:smiling3: