Airfix 1/72 BAe Harrier GR7 A "Lucy " operation Herrick Afghanistan 2006

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice little kit this , I've begun making smaller versions of kits I want to build so I can get weathering and colours better , as you can see the colour is a bit dark for the size of the model so when I build the 1/48 I will lighten it so more detail can be seen

The weathering is a bit heavy in places making look a little out of scale but on the 1/48 using the same size brushes and method it will look more natural

Please feel free to comment/criticise :smiling3: View attachment 91462

View attachment 91463

View attachment 91464

View attachment 91465

View attachment 91466

View attachment 91467

View attachment 91468

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Really like it Alan the last two pictures show how good it is as there is more light coming through the window and my only criticism That fence needs treating;)

S

steve scan

Very nice build, agree looks a little dark but nothing that spoils it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys glad you like it , I will definitely come down a couple of shades when I build the 1/48 :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice job Al, way better than any of my efforts and you saying it is slightly heavy handed in weathering...looks great to me, would be well happy if I had made that in that scale.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Nice job Al, way better than any of my efforts and you saying it is slightly heavy handed in weathering...looks great to me, would be well happy if I had made that in that scale.Si:smiling3:
Cheers mate appreciate it , the reason I think it's a tad heavy is because it's moden and they are better looked after than the old hurrys and spits :D

D

dubster72

I like that a lot Alan! But that's not the one you posted in ' latest acquisitions ' today is it?

On the subject of scale colours, my rule-of-thumb is the smaller the scale, the lighter the colour.

Also, do you take the photos holding the camera? I'm thinking there's some shake which is affecting the quality of your pictures - I always use my homemade quadpod!

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes Alan how could you let that fence get in that condition. No honestly Alan that is a fantastic build 12/10 great.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Another nice one of your builds Alan. Keep 'em coming! :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Also, do you take the photos holding the camera? I'm thinking there's some shake which is affecting the quality of your pictures
Probably too much paint and glue vapours...he never stops building things!

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I like that a lot Alan! But that's not the one you posted in ' latest acquisitions ' today is it?On the subject of scale colours, my rule-of-thumb is the smaller the scale, the lighter the colour.

Also, do you take the photos holding the camera? I'm thinking there's some shake which is affecting the quality of your pictures - I always use my homemade quadpod!
I take them off my iPad it's the best camera I have and it's easy to post them straight away :smiling3:

No mate I've been on this one over a week the one I posted today was the pinocio GR3 I know I'm a quick builder but I doubt I could do one that quick :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Probably too much paint and glue vapours...he never stops building things!Si:smiling3:
I told you before I got itchy fingers lol

T

Tone M

it looks awesome Alan! :D

I literally can not wait 'till you make a start on a larger one lol ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks tone and terry I appreciate it :smiling3:

I'm not going to start that just yet as I won't get it finished buy Friday and if I get something I really want to do at Telford it might get put on the back burner so I'm just faffing with little stuff at the moment :smiling3: