Airfix 1/72 Dogfight Double. Spitfire Mk.1 v Bf 110 C

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just a few snaps of the completed models on their stand. All the fun and games were recorded here.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/1-72-dogfight-double.27514/page-3#post-214036

These were nice little kits with no issues at all. Even the decals were on the good side of fair (which is not what I'd read about them).

We are somewhere over the English Channel in August 1940 and my Bf 110 of II./ZG 76

has got the jump on a Spitfire of 610 Squadron.

The Spitfire easily evades the Bf 110 showing its lovely lines to full advantage. The Bf 110 wants to get the hell out of there before he finds the Spitfire on his tail!

Here's the 'Dogfight Double.

Special Ian M picky :smiling3:

I will add antanna wires to the Bf 110, the Spitfire may not have had either the fin to mast radio antenna or the 'cheesecutter' IFF antenna at this time so I'll leave them all off.

Did anyone notice that the real DW-K has a 'B' scheme camouflage and I have applied the mirror 'A' scheme to mine ? :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job Stona. I must admit I have always thought the Dog Fight Doubles were nothing more than rebranded old mouldings so I am surprised and pleased to see that they are in fact new kits which make into a really nice display piece.

You have really made a great job of these two that might even tempt me into geting hold of one.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Dave that is fantastic it looks very good and this has made me want to get one :smiling3:

D

dubster72

They're great Steve! 2 excellent builds & as Alan said, inspiration for doing the same!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful little models Steve. I too am really pleased that Airfix are doing so well with their new kit offerings. And with results as good as this why shouldn't they?!!!!

Great stuff

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A bit smaller than your normal offerings Steve but none the less you have made an excellent job of these as well.

Ian M

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
two great builds Steve, real like them well done, :D

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great builds Steve, nicely presented on that stand.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Very

\ said:
Just a few snaps of the completed models on their stand. All the fun and games were recorded here.http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/1-72-dogfight-double.27514/page-3#post-214036

These were nice little kits with no issues at all. Even the decals were on the good side of fair (which is not what I'd read about them).

We are somewhere over the English Channel in August 1940 and my Bf 110 of II./ZG 76

has got the jump on a Spitfire of 610 Squadron.

The Spitfire easily evades the Bf 110 showing its lovely lines to full advantage. The Bf 110 wants to get the hell out of there before he finds the Spitfire on his tail!

Here's the 'Dogfight Double.

Special Ian M picky :smiling3:

I will add antanna wires to the Bf 110, the Spitfire may not have had either the fin to mast radio antenna or the 'cheesecutter' IFF antenna at this time so I'll leave them all off.

Did anyone notice that the real DW-K has a 'B' scheme camouflage and I have applied the mirror 'A' scheme to mine ? :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
Very neat build mate, I do like the Flying invisible props with the nose cones. A very good build to turn out something like that from Airfix

John

D

Doug Hughes

A great idea, Steve, and very well realised - plus we've all learned about the Dogfight Doubles (sometimes) being new tools!

L

Laurie

Very nice Steve.

Always amazes me how quickly you turn your projects around. Even beating Roman I think !

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Glad you liked them everyone!

I can say again that if anyone is looking for a nice 1/72 build of these two important aircraft this kit will not disappoint.

Cheers

Steve

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
\ said:
Very nice Steve.Always amazes me how quickly you turn your projects around. Even beating Roman I think !

Laurie
Agree with Laurie. By the way has anyone seen Roman of late?

M

mobear

fantastic steve,this is a stirling job its almost perfect lol.its just the stands i dont like

mobear