Airfix 1/72 EE Lightning

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I love the Lightning also Dave and a great start, it looks a good kit. So I'm in on this one

D

dubster72

That's supposed to be a nice kit to build Dave - I'll be watching with interest

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great kit by the looks of it Dave, will look forward to seeing the build progress.

First Name
Dave
I thought id mix up one of the paints supplied why on earth is it gloss paint!? i think I'll use my own.

Dave

L

Laurie

Very nice model Dave. From the first time I saw this aircraft as a boy I thought it the best military aircraft design ever produced and still hold that view. It transcends any other military aircraft to this present day for looks and that is for me UK and USA. It looks what it is a mean machine it just looks as though it means business. Sleek compact and the hood just looks as it is an extension of the fuselage. Must have been a fantastic machine to fly.

Paints I just chuck the supplied ones in the bin. You do not know where they have been :eek:

Laurie

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looking great Dave I have the exact same kit will be watching your progress with interest cheers John

D

dubster72

That's looking really good Dave!

The only Lightning I've seen in flight (other than at an airshow) was somewhere on the coast in North Cornwall - it must have been going at Mach +, because it approached almost silently & then ' bang! ' thrilling for a kid of 10! :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
I really need to pick this up again it's sat looking at me across the living room ,inspiration has left me and it's almost done.

Dave

D

dubster72

\ said:
I really need to pick this up again it's sat looking at me across the living room ,inspiration has left me and it's almost done.
Dave
I've got a few like that Dave!

First Name
Dave
I make sure I finish before the next one and have other stuff I want to crack on with so I'll get off my ass today and make a start.

Dave

D

dubster72

Change the Lightning to a Bf 109 + Spitfire IVX + FW 190 D-13 + Me 410 and our workbenches look identical!