Airfix 1/72 Focke-Wulf Fw190A-8

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Have this and it's sister kit in the stash...... Somewhere.... In fact i think you corrupted me into getting this one from Aldi or Lidl... :tongue-out3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I built this not long ago. It's a really nice kit. Typical of the Airfix new offerings. I also built it wheels up. I'm sure you'll make a great job of it and enjoy building it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great little kit mick , couple of points to watch out for are the nose ring sprue attachments - a tricky clean up , and the canopies are beautifully thin and clear but easy to crack when masking . Looking forward to the build cheers tony

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I'm in Mick.
Always a pleasure bud
Have this and it's sister kit in the stash...... Somewhere.... In fact i think you corrupted me into getting this one from Aldi or Lidl... :tongue-out3:
Who me? Never
I built this not long ago. It's a really nice kit. Typical of the Airfix new offerings. I also built it wheels up. I'm sure you'll make a great job of it and enjoy building it.
Thanks Jim
Great little kit mick , couple of points to watch out for are the nose ring sprue attachments - a tricky clean up , and the canopies are beautifully thin and clear but easy to crack when masking . Looking forward to the build cheers tony
Thanks for the heads up Tony

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I'm in. I have this kit in the stash so will be interested in seeing your build
Welcome along Mike
The heads up on certain bits has been useful so far. Had a few fit issues but nothing a bit of patience and not rushing on too fast paid off so far. There are several bits of tidying up to do before undercoat.
I’ve somehow lost the cockpit pic but now it’s buttoned up you can’t see anything.
543956C0-2D29-4000-B6ED-2E8C79B4E4E5.jpeg
Bit of work to sort this but I was already aware there might be problems
CF5D8451-F8E6-44AE-B566-04C4896F59AB.jpeg
The wings went together nicely with just a bit of tidying up

33176B71-403B-44E4-8E7A-773A2413F701.jpeg
The buttoning up went really well especially the tail end. I’d seen a couple of builds where the two top panels at the front of the fuselage were problematic but apart from a bit of filler no hassles here.

9A5064DE-E43D-41C8-AC73-9399DEF6480A.jpeg
Using AM masks is fun in this scale but I made my own, the clear parts are as I was tolld, really nicely done which made this easier.
753FEC7F-166C-4E7D-AB5C-33BC3CD7E1B2.jpeg
Here’s where I am now. Some sanding and a few more parts to add.
Thanks for looking.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Mick. Fit issues duly noted for when I get around to my two and as you say not a lot see in the cockpit[it at 1/72, especially if the pilot is installed!!

ATB

Anderw

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Vey much agreed.....I've got a couple of Profipack 110s in the stash and so given the amount of glass I'm hoping that will allow you to see a lot more!
Quite a tight cockpit this one, lots of glass in a 110
The one time I used pre-made masks I found them harder to apply than it was to stick tape to a canopy and cut it along the frame …
These frames are very fragile but the frames made it easy. I’ll definitely be using AM masks when I start my He111

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Quick work mick ! The cockpit is very small isnt it , not a lot can be seen apart from the seat . I spent ages painting the instrument panel on my revell fw190 and when its fitted you can‘t even see it!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Quick work mick ! The cockpit is very small isnt it , not a lot can be seen apart from the seat . I spent ages painting the instrument panel on my revell fw190 and when its fitted you can‘t even see it!
Definitely is small, the kit includes joystick and rudder peddles as well as two decals for the instruments, can only see the joystick
Mick,
Looking vert tidy mate.
Thanks Scottie, I really need something bigger to work on

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew