Airfix 1/72 Focke-Wulf Fw190A-8

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Brown 6 complete, not a bad little kit and a couple of new things tried during the build. I’ll take some more pics when it stops raining
View attachment 479354
Turned out very nicely Mick.

Looks like you've got the same stands I have just bought... Displays the plane at a slight angle...up or down, depending on which way round you do it? How did you find them?

ATB.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cracking build mick , looks great in flight , cheers tony

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Turned out very nicely Mick.

Looks like you've got the same stands I have just bought... Displays the plane at a slight angle...up or down, depending on which way round you do it? How did you find them?

ATB.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew. The stand works really well but I had to modify the top where it connects to the aircraft. The block is way too big and would require a large hole in the underside. I removed the lug and added a pin instead
That's a great result Mick. It's a lovely kit. Stand sets it off well.
Thanks Jim
Mick a little cracker mate.
Thanks for that Scottie
Cracking build mick , looks great in flight , cheers tony
Thanks Tony, its nice to build on wheels up
Grand build. Never seen that colour scheme before - looks fantastic.
Thanks for that Doug, not a hard scheme to paint up. I do like it

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thank you Andrew. The stand works really well but I had to modify the top where it connects to the aircraft. The block is way too big and would require a large hole in the underside. I removed the lug and added a pin instead
Thanks. I'll bear it in mind for the future!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Uhh Mick, I thought you were building a North & South Dakota? I just saw this and you are already done. Great looking build my friend and I guess it only took about 3 hours, huh? Great camo finish and the decals look tops too. How long do you think the antenna wire will stay intact with you playing with it???...Or is that why you put it on the stand...

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Uhh Mick, I thought you were building a North & South Dakota? I just saw this and you are already done. Great looking build my friend and I guess it only took about 3 hours, huh? Great camo finish and the decals look tops too. How long do you think the antenna wire will stay intact with you playing with it???...Or is that why you put it on the stand...

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen, you guessed it, the stand to stop me flying it around the house with my spitfire chasing it. I've just updated my Dakota build, one completed and delivered to my pal and mine is now clear coated ready for a bit of weathering.
Take care

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apologies Mick , missed this .
Looks a fine build, seems you sorted out the problems .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John, still way too small :smiling: I need to move on to something bigger
Can't see 1/72 well these days , so agree there Mick . The only trouble is the size they take up in 1/35 .