Airfix 1/72 Handley Page Halifax

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The give away is where the horizontal stabilisers attach to the fuselage, near the top.................... I'd say a Halifax or something derived from it.

Cheers

Steve

D

Deleted member 3568

That's it on the nail its a really old kit but the fit seems ok its the instructions which are terrible.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well i will sit in the corner with Ian as thats what i was going to say :sad:

T

Tone M

I'd never have guessed a Halifax tbh

the tail seems too low and the wings to high in the body...

I'd have thought maybe an Avro lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Oh, a old Halibag...nice one.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You know ken I'm sure I built this as a kid it looks so familiar :smiling3:

Nice star by the way

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great subject Ken, I've always liked the Halifax, perhaps another of the underrated aeroplanes of that war. I saw the Halifax at Hendon years ago that was recovered from a Norwegian Fiord. Question out of curiosity only: how are you going to get the guns into the rear turret, and paint the framing on the turret? You may have a solution that is very cunning and it may come in handy.

D

Deleted member 3568

No cunning plan no guns its from after the war as a civilian aircraft I think after the war it was called the Halton c8. The turret is not glued in it is a tight fit on the pin so I could remove it and get one of the clear parts off should I decide I want the guns. My big problem at the moment is filling the two gaps where the guns go up and down, without damaging the clear parts

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all tonights episode

I have looked at more modern kits of this plane and looked at photos of it as the Halton (which is what I am trying to turn it into)

the panel lines seem to be nothing like the ones on the model so Ive bitten the bullet and decided to rescribe it Gulp here is what I have so far, it is going to be a very long job, scribing is extreeeeeeemely difficult ( at least for me )View attachment 87003

its going to take ages to do the whole plane.View attachment 87004

View attachment 87005

View attachment 87006

View attachment 87007

IMAG1852.jpg

IMAG1853.jpg

IMAG1854.jpg

IMAG1855.jpg

IMAG1856.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You will need hundreds of hours of music Ken. :smiling3: Will look great though when the scribing is done. I'll have to look up the Halton version, not hear dof it before.

D

Deleted member 3568

Not sure if the Halton and the c8 are the same plane or if it's the Halton c8 but those are the two names I am basing this on.

First Name
Mike
Re-scribing is a tedious and long-winded task, but nothing enhances an old model more, IMHO. Looks like you've made a good start. And you've started with the fuselage which is usually trickier than the wings, so it should get easier ;)