Airfix 1:72 Hawker Typhoon

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I did this just as a quick out of the box build as a change from my usual 1:32 scale. It is a nice kit though and if you are into small scale builds It can be thoroughly recommended. Just a couple of pics for this one though.

Next week I will be back to 1:32 starting the FiatG50bis from Special Hobby, my first short-run kit and one I am expecting to be a challenge.

View attachment 77579

View attachment 77580

IMG_20140208_095057.jpg

IMG_20140208_095139.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent build Barry , its a great little kit isnt it , ive got one in the stash. It must have been something special to tempt you away from 1/32!! cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very neat build Barry, like this.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
It's great to see a small kit built to look good and this doesn't disappoint :smiling3: great build , airfix are really doing some nice stuff these days

D

Doug Hughes

Looking good! I particularly like the understated weathering - it looks like what it is on the real thing, scuffed paintwork rather than actually scraped off. It's hard to get this in 1/72, and you've done a great job here.

S

spongtastic

Great build, I'm sure I built one of the originals in a box of 4 with a Harrier and a couple of others, it looks like another winner from Airfix, are the invasion stripes decals?

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
Great build, I'm sure I built one of the originals in a box of 4 with a Harrier and a couple of others, it looks like another winner from Airfix, are the invasion stripes decals?
Yes, they are. I normally prefer to paint them but the decals actually came out very well. The decals actually went down very well, thin enough without that brittleness that can be a real problem with some.

B

BigZimmo

Great build, Barry!!

All new Airfix kit forms are really succeeded. Airfix really has found the connection to modern injection molding process.

:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice one Barry, this might have to go on the shopping list.