Airfix B-29 Supetfortress 1/72

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
This is one i have wanted to do but never got round to getting one.

On opening the box there are plenty of parts to keep me out of harms way for a while and for the main body color i have found that humbrol 191 in a rattle can is perfect hre are the picsIMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

N

noble

I used to have one of these when I was a kid, what a great kit takes me back. Will be watching

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks nice,will be keeping an eye on his one, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking forward to seeing this one build up Peter. A real old kit, you're probably lucky it's not moulded in a silver colour.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Just a quick update i have had a go at some of the most poorly moulded crew i have seen in a while but as they won't rearly be seen i doesn't matter so muchIMG_0062.JPG

R

roymattblack

I'm not into 'wingy-things' at all these days, but this kit - and the Lancaster - always bring back memories of when I was about 11 years old. They were 'Grail' kits to me.

I did get the Lancaster eventually a few years later. I remember being awed by the fact it was moulded in black plastic - all kits seemed to be grey in those days.

The SF was never attained, but I used to dream about it.

It will be fun to watch you build it.

Roy.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have just found some time to do a bit more the interior is almost finished but as it won't be seen i will be concentrating on the outsideIMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

D

Doug Hughes

\ said:
The SF was never attained, but I used to dream about it.
Exactly my experience, Roy. When I first started modelling, this was top of the Airfix 1/72 range at 12/6d (62.5p if my ancient-modern mental currency converter is working). The Sunderland, as I recall, was 10/6d (52.5p?) and I managed to get one of those, but I never got a B-29. Our local model shop had one made up in the window, but no amount of wistful staring would enable my parents to get the hint.

Looking at the kit, Peter - it looks really smooth, without all the usual early-Airfix raised panel lines and rivets. Is that the case or are they just not showing on the photos?