airfix fouga magister

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hello all, here is my latest, the airfix 1/72 fouga magister.I bought it off e-bay with no box or instructions but complete and with decals for a couple of quid.I asked via the forum if anyone had got a set of instructions for it and soon got a reply from ademaker who very kindly sent me a pdf via e-mail(cheers adrian,this ones for you) I decide to do it in a scheme i found on wings palette for a machine from buckeburg in the 1960's.The finesse and detail on this kit is superb,tiny fine mouldings(just check out the pitot tubes in front of the windscreen and the bumper tail wheel)Round about the mid 70's airfix were making some excellent mouldings of nice subjects(this,sa bulldog,strikemaster,cherokee arrow,etc)so even though they come in for a bit of stick now and again you really ought to seek out some of their oldies,they can be astoundingly good,i would recommend this one to anyone! Painted in fiat broom yellow aerosol (hycote acrylic, straight from the tin!)with decals from the kit and spares box*see also entry in unconventional materials thread*. I was really pleased with how this turned out and enjoyed making it , thanks for looking , cheers tony :beer:

View attachment 19759

View attachment 19760

View attachment 19761

View attachment 19762

View attachment 19763

P1050009 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050011 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050015 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050016 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050005 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

G

Gladiator111

Hi Tony, yet another great little model you've built and all for a couple of squid. Nice one, and I take my hat off to you with the paint job. Lovely finish! You should do some reviews of your models mate (only cos I campaigned for the new section but alas no posts so far) ;)

I on the other hand, am still waiting on that elusive Typhi... can't wait.

Small mention in Octobers' Scale Aviation Modeller International where I quote, "...the other treat on the cards from Revell is the 1/32 Eurofighter, test shots of which have been doing the rounds, and if the built up item is not on display at Telford this year then we will all be very surprised."

Oh, guess where I'm going on 8th November...? Telford here I come :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
cheers chris, yes i thought about doing a review cause i was so impressed by the kit but i thought it might not be very useful what with it being out of production,maybe the reviews should be for kits that can be easily found,or currently in production?Ill get one on there soon though!!thanks for the comments ,cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just saw this, been a bit busy with work. Very nice job, finished in yellow too. Not the easiest colour to use and it has "turned out lovely" as my nan used to say.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Just saw this, been a bit busy with work. Very nice job, finished in yellow too. Not the easiest colour to use and it has "turned out lovely" as my nan used to say.Cheers

Steve
thanks,steve ,i was chuffed with it too .I know what you mean about airbrushing yellow,its terrible for coverage isnt it,thats why i decided to use an aerosol i had left over from when i had a yellow fiat seicento, great coverage and a good match for chrome yellow too.Ive just got another aerosol in french blue for a caudron 450 racer ive got in the to do pile,im sure the bloke in the car spares shop thinks im a graffitti artist !! Cheers tony

N

N4521U

Me again. When I lived in California I did signwriting and lettered one of these things for a pilot who did airshows with it. Even did "lomchovoks" however it is spelled... means headache I think. Cheers, Bill

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi bill ,from a sunny england, i think the pilot was probably referring to the noise these planes made.Apparently it was ear splitting!! even though the two jet engines are only small and not that powerful.I think that the cessna a37 'tweet' used them too. Have a look on youtube for fouga magister start up ,youll soon see what i mean,just get ready to turn the volume down though!!!! cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Tony,

Another superb model, how many coats of Yellow did you apply? Must be very difficult getting the coverage you achieved without swamping molding detail. Keep up the great work Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi derek, only one coat ,straight from the aerosol.I primed it first though with halfords grey primer ,then the hycote acrylic covers brilliantly, ive used their silver to great effect too . cheers tony

N

noble

\ said:
hello all, here is my latest, the airfix 1/72 fouga magister.I bought it off e-bay with no box or instructions but complete and with decals for a couple of quid.I asked via the forum if anyone had got a set of instructions for it and soon got a reply from ademaker who very kindly sent me a pdf via e-mail(cheers adrian,this ones for you) I decide to do it in a scheme i found on wings palette for a machine from buckeburg in the 1960's.The finesse and detail on this kit is superb,tiny fine mouldings(just check out the pitot tubes in front of the windscreen and the bumper tail wheel)Round about the mid 70's airfix were making some excellent mouldings of nice subjects(this,sa bulldog,strikemaster,cherokee arrow,etc)so even though they come in for a bit of stick now and again you really ought to seek out some of their oldies,they can be astoundingly good,i would recommend this one to anyone! Painted in fiat broom yellow aerosol (hycote acrylic, straight from the tin!)with decals from the kit and spares box*see also entry in unconventional materials thread*. I was really pleased with how this turned out and enjoyed making it , thanks for looking , cheers tony :beer:
Hi tony love the work mate not really into planes myself but the paintwork is outstanding and you are spot on about the detailing keep up the good work and keep em comin.

scott

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
cheers scott, btw,have you checked out the youtube clip mentioned earlier in the thread ,its mental ! really piercingly loud! lol cheers tony

N

noble

\ said:
cheers scott, btw,have you checked out the youtube clip mentioned earlier in the thread ,its mental ! really piercingly loud! lol cheers tony
By the way i've given you four stars kinda like Mitchelin.

scott

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
thanks,scott ,always nice to know someone else likes your stuff isnt it ? thanks again tony

N

N4521U

Hey Yak, it is the manouvre, a Polish pilot first did this one, plane tumbles end over end. The engines do scream, I now have tinnitus, the whistling never goes away. I stood next to it a couple of times when he was spooling up, big mistake! cheers, Bill

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Hey Yak, it is the manouvre, a Polish pilot first did this one, plane tumbles end over end. The engines do scream, I now have tinnitus, the whistling never goes away. I stood next to it a couple of times when he was spooling up, big mistake! cheers, Bill
hi bill, its loud enough on youtube,never mind standing next to one!no wonder your ears are ringing! wicked looking plane though, just remember to have your ear defenders on if you ever see one!!! cheers tony

selrach

SMF Supporter
\ said:
Nice job, Tony. Looks very detailed and straight. You say you sprayed this out of a can? Looks nice. Why not with an airbrush cut with lacquer thinner?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi selrach, ive decanted aerosol paints before and sprayed with the airbrush,but to be honest these paints give the same result straight from the tin ,plus added bonus of not having to clean out the airbrush! thanks for your comments cheers tony:beer:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yo Tony, this one slipped through my net, I've only just spotted it!

Beats me how you flyguys get such a superb finish on your models......I only have a big lump of iron to paint, well done my mate.

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Yo Tony, this one slipped through my net, I've only just spotted it!Beats me how you flyguys get such a superb finish on your models......I only have a big lump of iron to paint, well done my mate.

Ron
thankyou mr chairman, im getting a dab hand with an aerosol now,trouble is im on the greenpeace most wanted list,theyre blaming me for the hole in the ozone!!!!!!!!oops!:music_whi