Airfix Javelin

N

niggelac

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I wish "I might get the hang of it" like you have so far! This is very nice indeed.

Gern

F

Fenlander

That is a very nice build and an interesting subject to. Problem with this forum is I see a great build like this and think "I wouldn't mind doing one of them" then someone posts something else and I think " I wouldn't mind doing one of them either" where will it all end????

Very nice Niggelac, very nice indeed and something different to.

N

niggelac

I used the original decals , they were very brittle and out of register .

I thik the "I wouldn't mind doing one of them" is why my pile of models is getting bigger .

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
This is a beautiful Gloster Javelin, you've done a great job.

John

C

Caledonia

I've always liked the Javelin, and you have certainly done it justice. Well done a beautiful build. I remember during my school days way back in the 1950’s building a Javelin kit with balsa wood and doped tissue paper. I fitted those solid propellant engines which generated lots of smoke but little or no thrust – halcyon days. Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi nigel,fantastic job youve done there.i love the finish youve got and the javelin was a wicked looking machine, almost looked like it was too heavy and bulky to get off the ground!! the airfix/heller kit looks good,i got the old frog/novo one off ebay but its just rubbish and i cant bring myself to attempt it!!, cheers tony

D

dbanbery

Good build, i think i need to up my game and get into airbrushing.

i've wanted a Javellin on my build pile for a while. hopefully when i build another five i might lift the self imposed kit buying amnesty and get one. LOL.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A really nice model, and a great finish with the paint as well. nice one.

Colin m.

B

Boldman

I remember that RAF Manston in Kent used to have a Javelin outside its gate as a show piece when I was a kid in the early 70s and I always marvelled at it and wanted to build one. Finally got the Frog kit back then and built one - memory is now too vague to remember how good a kit it was. Your version looks superb and I'll have to join the queue "I wouldn't mind..."

N

niggelac

A rather nice 1/48 scale version is on the horizon , all I have to do is find some money .

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful airplane and I want one - but I'm not spending £50 on an Airfix kit 'til I've seen a few build reviews!

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I want one as well but I have used all my pocket money...again!

Is it just me or do all the things you have always wanted finally come out when you have the least money.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
When I was an Air cadet I saw a Javelin as a gate guardian at RAF West Raynam and thought it looked brilliant. Not sure I want to pay £50 for it though, going to have to search E-bay.

Tony.

F

Fishpot11

Very very very nice, inlove this plane!

You have a done a hell Of a job there!

I do Also have the frog ex novo tool but Who knows when...