Airfix Supermarine Spitfire MkI/MkIIa

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Scott,I've only got the dreaded red crosses in place of your pictures. It could just be me though.

Cheers

Steve

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Scott.

I got the airfix spitfire and refueling vehicals diorama in the stash but waiting til I finished my 109.

I'll be watching your build with interest.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I might just be looking in on this one as I might be needing a 1/72 scale spit in the near future, so it will be good to see how this one looks.

Ian M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Scott remember nice and steady if stuck ask away no one will bite on here and good luck with it

J

James Q

Looks nice, is this a re issue or a new tooling spit? Looking forward to see it started.

D

dubster72

Good luck with this one Scott, you'll be ok with all the help from the aircraft guys on here!

Cheers

Patrick

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Daughter No 2 has the new tool (A01071A) Mk1a to build for a project at school. I've just had a look in the box and am very impressed by the standard of the kit. I suspect it will go together well. Good luck with yours.

Colin M

M

MrGotty

Hey guys here is a little progress since I have my new camera now, I am a bit disappointed with it though because picture is not clear :/ so sorry about that, I don't know if its the camera or if its because the cockpit is so small, but anyway here is the cockpit glued and ready to be painted :smiling3: Iv increased the resolution so I will try to get clearer photos next time, il see if increasing resolution helps, anyway I know its small progress but I hope you like it, I dont get much time to do atm because I have a 2 month old little princess to look after :smiling3:

View attachment 40788View attachment 40787View attachment 40786

Scott

View attachment 44458

View attachment 44459

View attachment 44460

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

T

tecdes

\ said:
Hey guys here is a little progress since I have my new camera now, I am a bit disappointed with it though because picture is not clear :/ so sorry about that, I don't know if its the camera or if its because the cockpit is so small, but anyway here is the cockpit glued and ready to be painted :smiling3: Iv increased the resolution so I will try to get clearer photos next time, il see if increasing resolution helps, anyway I know its small progress but I hope you like it, I dont get much time to do atm because I have a 2 month old little princess to look after :smiling3: Scott
Scott I wonder if you are getting into close to your subject. All lens have a minimum distance form the object where they can focus. To close & you will be out of focus. Instructions should tell you.

If they do not take a series of pictures measuring the distance of each one. That will tell you if this is the problem. Also looks to me that you need some more illumination on the subject. Helps if you have a tripod as you will get a better picture with a longer exposure time. But you need the tripod to stop the normal shake of the body. If you do not have a tripod rest the camera on some books. Even make a sacffold out of sprue.

Laurie

D

dubster72

Try turning on the macro function Scott, that helps with close-up shots.

Cheers

Patrick

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Photography can itself be a bit of a black art. One tip I picked up and find very useful is, if the camera has a timer on it, use that function. Once you press 'Go' take your hand away and - no camera shake whilst you press the button.

Colin M...

M

MrGotty

Thanks for tips guys, Hopefully I can do a bit more tomorrow :smiling3:

Scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Whats the camera you have bought? maybe one of us knows a few tips we can pass on.

Ian M

M

MrGotty

Vivitar Vivicam T027 12.1 megapixels, I think I have sorted it now :smiling3: getting much better quality photos now :smiling3:

Scott

M

MrGotty

Hey guys, Still having a little trouble taking clear pictures so I am very sorry :sad: Anyway here is a little progress with the cockpit and pilot, not fully painted as I did not have much time to myself but hey, thats life, anyway I hope its clear enough for you to see a little progress, its probably because I am in the shed aswel, but Il try to sort it once I have more time, anyway hope you like!

View attachment 40870View attachment 40869

Scott

View attachment 44541

View attachment 44542

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg