Albatross

First Name
Mike
Airfix 1/72 Albatross D.Va, one of those ancient toolings offered in a new red box. Out of the box it's pretty woeful, so I did quite a bit of accurizing and detailing and made the decals myself.For some reason the Germans painted out parts of the upper wing crosses to make them asymmetrical

P

phikoleoputra

Wowww, stunning build you got there Mike, 5* all the way

D

Doug Hughes

That's the Airfix Albatros DVa? That's absolutely incredible! I bet there wasn't much of the original plastic left after the 'accurizing and detailing'! Marginally more incredible than everything else are: the prop, the plywood fuselage with panel lines, the rigging, the Spandaus, the decals... Just brilliant.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Beautiful as ever! How you managed that rigging (never mind the rest already mentioned) I will never know.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I echo what's already been written.....and then some!

Brilliant...

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job Mike , as always your rigging leaves me gobsmacked , great job on an old tool dog! , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Are you a wizard Mike? You must be to conjure up such realism and in 1/72!:eek: Amazing...truly gob-smacking amazing!

Si:smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Mike thats intense for sure , having recently done a 1/32 scale WW1 subject I do'nt understand how you do it in 1/72! The rigging alone woulda drove me bat crap crazy! I keep going back and looking at it in wonder! You are a gifted builder for sure,very nicely done Sir!!!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Inspirational to the the rest of us Mike it just goes to show our pursuit of perfection is not in vain albeit that I'm a million miles away right now but I will still keep plodding along keep up the fantastic work and keep them coming there a pleasure to admire cheers John :smiling3:

B

BigZimmo

Mike.........WOW.... :smiling3: ....you're really a "Yoda" among the modelers......may the plastic glue be with you... :D ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
stunning build indeed,great job,:rolleyes:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant job. It's always great to see older models brought to life.

Colin M.

T

tommy1drop

Excellent build Mike, looks superb, the finish is amazing, truly amazing;)