alien derelict ship scratch build

B

baz

Hello everyone,

well here is my latest little big scratch build if you see what I mean, in the film alien they said that no one can hear you scream well on earth when doing a scratch build every one can here you scream as you try to get the model together.

here are the results of my labour I hope that you will like it and give me your honest comments which will allow me to go on to make better models in the future. The model will soon be on display in TRANSPORT MODELS OF PRESTON LANCASHIRE if you can drop in and see the real thing as it were.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) 

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0545.jpg

DSCF0585.jpg

DSCF0627.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

DSCF0720.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

DSCF0887.jpg

DSCF0877.jpg

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
great job, I like it hope you do, do more like that one and show it here on this site, have you met my brother kpnuts (ken) if not good. He likes to try and drag people to his mad world of imagination stay clear, he tries and turn me mad even thou his my brother but he is good on tips and helps out if he can just be careful he'll try and send you mad, just look at the under ships or boats under construction one of them two flower class (corvette) boats under construction then you'll under stand why OK HA! HA! about my brother.

J

John Rixon

This is good stuff, a complex and biomorphic form, made from flat stock is no easy thing, but you have rendered this beautifully. The more I look at it, the more incredible it seems! Well done that man.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats Amazing Barrie ! Its a brilliant recreation of the ship even more astounding when you consider its all scratch built!  How big is it? cheers tony

B

baz

Thank you guys for your kind comments, as for how big is it, well approx two feet wide and three feet long and the thickest part being about 10 inches deep, but here are a couple of images which give the game away,

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0498.jpg

DSCF0890.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
WOW! that must look impressive Barrie , its going to cause a stir when its on display in the shop ! cheers tony

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Excellent work so far on a unique and ominous subject. Am a big fan of Gigers work and will be watching. Bravo for taking on a replica of the Alien ship from the movie of the same name. Gigers work is phenomenal and not just his "Alien" series of works..............Jim :smiling3:

B

baz

thanks guys, and YES giger is impressive in all things, how he gets that LOOK I will never know but, he sure is an inspiration on design,