Allen's Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 "Time To Go My Friend", (build a bi-plane GB)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening all,

Again, a big thanks to Ian (Papa695) for starting and running this GB. It was a blast to participate and after many years of modeling, I have learned how to do it right. My biggest prob is I spend too much time researching/referencing a build and little time actually building the damn thing (75% research to 25% building). Over the past month, I've spent 70% building and 30% researching, and have accomplished more than I have in the past year...

The WnW'S kit was really fun to build and the fit is almost perfect. The Decal prob on the floats was my own fault and I had a Plan B for that. The other little niggles were fixed and I am very happy how the build turned out. So, here goes and sorry for the not so great pics. Living under the roof plays hell with natural daylight to take them,

IMG_4518.JPG
IMG_4520.JPG
IMG_4521.JPG

IMG_4522.JPG
IMG_4523.JPG
IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4527.JPG
IMG_4528.JPG
And for my man Chris,

IMG_4526.JPG

Now, this thread has a title and this plane needs a place to rest it's weary floats. The accessoires are the Dock section and RR flatcar, so here was the test fits and the dio base,

5a.JPG
6a.JPG
7a.JPG
I used strips of foam to fill the gaps in the front and back. I covered them with my Lukgraph lozenge decals with the small lozenge pattern, and added a few oil cans and a filler can. It still needed a fig or two to tell the title story. Thanks to Kellerkind Miniatures,

20240323_141521.jpg
Yup, The Old Git painted a figure for the scene,

20240323_141505.jpg
The pilot and his dog are not 100% finished because I ran out of time. Lastly, here it is on the contest table at the Euro Model Expo 2024, last Saturday,

20240323_141433.jpg
Now this was the 3rd contest I have entered in my life. Why did I enter it, you ask??? Because it was for free and I love free!!!. Free had motivated me to finish this project too......

Sunday afternoon at 14:30, this was the result,

20240324_145551.jpg
A silver gong in the 1/32 or bigger wing thingy beginner category. I almost had a heart attack when I heard my name called. I wanted to go get a beer to celebrate, but as I turned to go, the MC said stay here!..................That's a story for another post later...

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
An excellent result. A tribute to your patience and skills.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A well deserved 'Gong' for a beautiful model.

Very well done, Allen!

Ron

Reactions: JR

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
A well deserved gong and a dogs. Blimey!!
I just love that propellor - awfully realistic.
Very well done Allen.
Doug

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Allen my friend, that is exquisite. Very worthy of the gong. It just looks fantastic. Nice touch with the figures.
Very well done Sir.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Stunning, Allen, stunning. Many congratulations on the well deserved awards too, my friend.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Wow Allen, congratulations.
Well worth the accolades in my opinion.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fantastic work Allen, and well worthy of the gong. Loved watching your build thread of it.
Also many thanks for making the GB possible.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very, very good. A stunning looking model, Allen. Definitely a worthy medal winner. And a "dog's". :thumb2::smiling:
John.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful - and a well-deserved prize.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very good-looking model, and congratulations on the award :smiling3:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
A fantastic result Allen, what an ego boost and much deserved too :thumb2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work allen , its a first class build . Its been great watching this come together , in my eyes its worthy of a gold gong . The rail car and dock section are superb finishing touches as is the figure and his amorous dog ! Youve definitely earned a few cold ones , you can sit having a beer with your medal round your neck ( I bet youve slept with it under your pillow ! ) looking forward to the next WNW job ( next time though we want to see masked up and painted lozenge pattern :smiling5:;))
Prost Tony