America's First Jet Ace

T

The Mechanic

It was amazing what you can be built from an Easy Assembly kit by Hobbyboss.

I brought this just out of curiosity after some club members said how good a detailed model they were from this range. And I tell you one thing, they are a good kit and an ideal model for beginners to start with. They're so simple to build with minimal filling to be done, but lack a pilot though.

This was built in the colours of Amreica's first jet ace, Major James Jabara's F86 Sabre from July 1953 and just about to touchdown.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Mick,

Great looking Sabre there!, i have yet to build any of hobby bosses aircraft models but seeing this is giving me the "want to's".

I see you too have found the small wooden display plaques that are offered at most any crafts department in major dept. stores....would that be a piece of a metal clothes hanger you used to support the model? :smiling3: (Thats what i often use when displaying mine on a wooden base).

Have a good day and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

T

The Mechanic

One of our club members gets loads of different bases turned up from scrap MDF at his business and brings them down on club nights. If we need any, then we grab a couple. On this base i just painted the runway, numbers and tyre marks with acryllic paint and then use scatter at the edges. The plane is stood in a piece of brass wire bent to shape.