Amodel I-207

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Pete, glad you stuck with it, you had me worried there for awhile. They sure packed a lot of ordnance for the size they were.
Rick H.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love this Pete , a top result from a very tricky set of parts . Top marks for perseverance , cheers tony

D

Deleted member 7181

A cute little thing that turned out nicely Pete, even if it did fight you all the way!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks chaps. Yes, it is a cute little thing - kind of forerunner of the egg planes! I should probably have weathered it a bit, but it had given me such a hard time I couldn't be bothered.
They sure packed a lot of ordnance for the size they were.
Certainly did Rick. Four 7.62 machine guns apparently, "in the front fuselage", but I couldn't see where on the model. Plus the two 250kg bombs.

Cheers
Pete

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
An interesting little subject you have there. How did the real thing ever fly ??

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Well, I was going to leave this thing quietly forgotten, but seeing Tony's use of 'chrome' tape for the cowling bands on his Lavochkin reminded me that the I-207 is shown on the box art with three shiny bands around the cowling, although the painting instructions show only two - why am I not surprised at the inconsistency?
I know I have some of that shiny chrome effect tape somewhere, bought to 're-chrome' the overdrive switch stalk on my TR4A, but can I find it? However, I have a massive roll of aluminium tape intended for joining bubble foil loft insulation, so I cut some 1mm wide strips from that. Having applied those, the model still looked a bit plain - too clean, so I splashed some Flory Dark Dirt wash on, followed by some black oil wash behind the exhausts.
Here's the result:
P1150801.JPGP1150802.JPGP1150803.JPG
Looks better I think.
Comments welcome,
Pete

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent addition Pete , its a really noticeable thing on the aircraft that feature it ( this , I-15, I-153, I-16 , la5 ,7,9 and 11) . The chrome tape is useful sometimes for oleo legs too or as on the p38 j/l/m lightning for the polished oval reflective sight panel on the engine nacelles. Cheers tony