An unwanted visitor at 29/31 Hampton St. London's East End...Sept. 1940

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Absolutely amazing creation ron , I just hope the poor residents were safely in the anderson shelter . Looks like this weekends game of cricket is off too , usual problem - Bad Dornier stopped play .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570 after a very brief meeting the Committee here at Race Towers decided unanimously to award the .2020DB.jpg

Congratulations .
453 President of the Dogs Award Committee.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Having worked on quite a few large aircraft during my working life, I must say Ron, that you have nailed the fuselage damage to a "T" particularly the "oilcan" dents in the top of the rear fuselage.....those would naturally appear from the overstressing of the aircraft skin when the primary structure failed and the tail section broke free from the rest of the plane. What a Happy accident......or is there something you're not telling us 570? :thinking: Extremely Well Done Sir!:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I thought you'd be around Dave.........what a stroke of luck 570 didn't take you up on your offer to move in! Instant "Homelessness"..........quick as a wink you'd be on the street and your Moggies would be ripping you a new one for getting them into a scrape with a bird what's too big to eat. :tongue-out3: Rick H.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great posts...again.
Thank you one and all. I hope you chaps don't mind a collective 'Thank you', as opposed to inveedigual ones. They all mean so much to me and give me one hell of a buzz.

Rick. Airframe stresses and strains are all gobble de gook to me. I guess it's the old saying 'If it looks right, it must be something like right'....Perhaps, maybe. ;)

Here's the colour pickies to finish off the job.
P1320203.JPG

P1320198.JPG

P1320188.JPG

P1320187.JPG

P1320169.JPG

P1320197.JPG

P1320177.JPG

P1320183.JPG

P1320196.JPG

P1320205.JPG

I know I'm repeating myself, but thanks again to all those who supported me throughout both the build and the finished job......and for the truly amazing, humorous and diverse comments posted during the whole saga.

Cheers all and take care.

Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron,

For me it's the final shot with your hand for scale that just demonstrates what an outstanding modeller you are.....

Up until that point so many of the shots could pass for the real size.....

....and yet looking at your hand, if I had to have a guess, that the whole thing is no more than about 12" x 8".

Again, very well done.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
570 this is one of the most amazeing dios ive ever seen you just get better an better at these dio's if there is a model show near you you should put this in as it deserved to be seen by the general public brilliant modeling at its best
chris an jen an jen thought it was a real picture from the war wow she said when i told her you just built it from cornflakes packs an such she was really amazed VERY WELL DONE SIR
chris jen

Last edited:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
570 this is one of the most amazeing dios ive ever seen you just get better an better at these dio's if there is a model show near you you should put this in as it deserved to be seen by the general public brilliant moodeling at its best
chris an jen an jen thought it was a real picture from the war wow she said when i told her you just built it from cornflakes packs an such she was really amazed VERY WELL DONE SIR
chris jen
Chris, same with my Mrs, showed her one with the trees in it!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Lovely stuff!

Andrew. Good guess. It's 13"x7", and thanks for the nice comments.

Nice one Pete.

Thanks Paul. Always good to read your comments on my stuff.

Sorry Gerry, I meant to comment on your wife's (and now Jen's) observations earlier.
To sort of successfully trick a woman, any woman, if only for a few seconds, is something us blokes can very rarely succeed in accomplishing. So I'm chuffed I seemed to have managed just that......
Chaps, please convey my sincere apalowgees to your respective ladies for the minor deception.

Cheers all,
Ron