Andrea's Spitfire Mk IX c late Eduard Profipack 1:72

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
This is the result of my efforts. To the quality of the kit helped a lot, the quality of the modeller far less.
1:72 superdetailed kits are fascinating but require a lot of patience and, possibly, 2 or even 3 pairs of eyes. Fortunately they come rather cheap (19€ in LHS)... the kit, not the eyes! :tongue-out3:
I opted for the Italian TOA version, UF-Q, so it's my first time with a natural metal finish and my first time with oil washes too. I didn't use any of the external loads as I wanted to show the pure lines of the aircraft.IMG_0740.JPG
IMG_0741.JPG
IMG_0746.JPGIMG_0748.JPGIMG_0755.JPGIMG_0761.JPG
and now it's parked on the shelf
IMG_0766.JPGIMG_0767.JPG

Andrea

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely job andrea , nice to see a silver spit too . The Eduard kits are very good arent they . Loving the AM Typhoon as well ,rarely seen modelled in the Italian scheme. Cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice one Andy. The spitfire looks quite different in silver doesn’t it.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Lovely job andrea , nice to see a silver spit too . The Eduard kits are very good arent they . Loving the AM Typhoon as well ,rarely seen modelled in the Italian scheme. Cheers tony
Nice one Andy. The spitfire looks quite different in silver doesn’t it.
Thank you Tony. Eduard kits are really good. I loved the level of detail and the plastic is really high quality (I already feel the difference working on Trumper Centauro). The Typhoon had to be Italian, of course! ;)

Tim, the Spitfire in silver is definitely nice.
Sometimes I wonder what it would have looked like with Alclad paints. For the moment the stink is the main reason for postponing the adoption of those paints.
Being my bench in the basement, it would need a powerful fume extractor system or SWMBO would turn on her "Andrea extractor"! :face-with-head-bandage::tongue-out:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrea,

Sorry missed this cross the finish line. Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well done Andrea. That's a great looking Spitfire with a rarely seen paint job.
Jim

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm another who missed this during the week Andy!
Glad I've caught up with it now mind... It's a cracking build there,and,as Tim said,it looks excellent in the Silver livery :smiling3:
Lovely stuff mate :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
A bit late in on this one Andrea, but I have to say you've done a really fine job on your wing thingy. The finish is definitely excellent and your decals look nice too. Top work Sir!!!

or SWMBO would turn on her "Andrea extractor"! :face-with-head-bandage::tongue-out:

Oh, and if this should happen one day, please make a video and post it here. I bet it would be very interesting to watch!!! LMAO!!!......

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Andrea,

Sorry missed this cross the finish line. Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew. I'm one of those always catching up or missing some build too; there's simply too much on this forum to be really up to the last post or thread. :smiling:
Well done Andrea. That's a great looking Spitfire with a rarely seen paint job.
Jim
Thank you, Jim. I'm adopting the policy to go for the Italian theatre of operation version of each kit offering that opportunity.
I'm another who missed this during the week Andy!
Glad I've caught up with it now mind... It's a cracking build there,and,as Tim said,it looks excellent in the Silver livery :smiling3:
Lovely stuff mate :smiling3:
Thank you Andy. I really wanted to try a silver livery and the fact that that spit was flying over Italy was the decisive push to move forward from my comfort zone. :smiling6:
Andrea,

That is a cracking result.
Thank you Paul. A compliment from you is really highly appreciated. :thumb2:
A bit late in on this one Andrea, but I have to say you've done a really fine job on your wing thingy. The finish is definitely excellent and your decals look nice too. Top work Sir!!!

Oh, and if this should happen one day, please make a video and post it here. I bet it would be very interesting to watch!!! LMAO!!!......

Prost
Allen
Vielen dank, Allen. The decals provided with the kit are really excellent: they are thin, need to be soaked for no more than 15 seconds (very useful when you have plenty of stencils), easily detach from their support, don't break and adapt smoothly to the model's surface with the aid of just some softener (I use Decalfix most of the time) and when dry you can easily cut through to free holes and ports beneath.:thumb2:

I'll tell my wife to shot a video of my "extraction", should it ever happen; I think I'd be too much engaged to properly handle any video device. :tongue-out:

Andrea

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A smart little Spitfire indeed. And yes, I'm another Eduard convert. Great kits.