Andy T's 1/35 Das Werk Faun L900 - Pete's wheeled cargo movers GB

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Once again, thanks to Pete for organising this GB. Here's another entry from me.

I've never built a Das Werk kit before but was pleasantly surprised with this one. A decent amount of detail without the overly high parts count that some manufacturers seem to strive for. There were a few minor inaccuracies in the instructions but nothing that couldn't be worked out easily. Also the inclusion of video links to walk you through particularly tricky sections was great, I thought.

This was quite a big truck and you'll see it here posed with a little 38t, which was right at the top of its capacity.

2023-09-25 13.54.27-1.jpg

2023-09-25 13.54.45-1.jpg

2023-09-25 13.55.16.jpg

2023-09-25 13.56.00-1.jpg

2023-09-25 13.56.32.jpg

2023-09-25 13.56.49-1.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's one to be proud of Andy. Really nicely done. Seeing it with the tank on the back you realise just how big these trucks were.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you all so much. Despite a couple of set backs I really enjoyed putting this lot together. Keeping it simple is definitely more fun.

I think three trucks is enough though, so time for something different I think :smiling3:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Ian, I'm sure you'll do a grand job.

Just do yourself a favour and leave the mirrors off as long as you can as they get in the way of everything lol. The soft top ones seem better as they are built into the trafficators

Thanks nick :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow. That Andy is a well deserved award.
2020DB.jpg
That tank in the back shows the size perfectly. Liked the " crap in the back " as well . Esp liked the road way and the paving , did you do that as well ?

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you John, I'm humbled.

Yes I made the base too, from that dark grey foam you put me on to:

• Love
Reactions: JR

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Tim.

I'm trying to simplify my process a bit rather than throwing the kitchen sink at it and getting lost.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Andy, Great to see the finished vehicle(s), brilliant paintwork and finish. A full credit to you.
Mike.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Andy!!! A beautiful finish with a fantastic load on her. You overcame the probs with flying colors Sir!!! The windshield fix really worked well and it looks like new. Top build, for sure!!!...

Prost
Allen

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Mike & Allen, much appreciated.

I'm on a bit of a roll with actually completing kits rather than leaving them 99% finished as usual :smiling5:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Tim.

I'm trying to simplify my process a bit rather than throwing the kitchen sink at it and getting lost.
I’ve gone the same way over the last few years Andy. I was spending so long finishing builds I just didn’t want to build more. I think my attention span has got shorter with age as well ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry Andy , didn't think to look back , and not being on here much recently missed it.
That road way is top class, you've certainly been able to replicate the sets and pavement perfectly .
Esp like the edge of the road next to the pavement .Top stuff indeed .You should be pleased.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers John. It took a bit of head scratching to "hollow" that section so that it looked more like a gutter.

It's a pity the green "mossy" patches don't show up so well on camera. I'll work on making those stand out a bit more.

Reactions: JR