Andy T's Arma Hobby 1/48 Mk llc Trop

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yes, my usual method is to work from the black primer too but I always like to try different things. After this one I might not bother again :tears-of-joy:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Yes, my usual method is to work from the black primer too but I always like to try different things. After this one I might not bother again :tears-of-joy:
Yeah this didn’t look like your usual expert work before painting. We all learn at least you try different things. Still tuned out great.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Your topside doesn't look like a nightmare. I actually think it's pretty successful. I also find the selected colors spot on. I'm excited to see what happens next and what the plane looks like with decals.
Thanks Andreas. The journey to get there was a nightmare but I'm happy with the end result (for the base colour stage)

Decals are going on now :smiling3:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It is a fine balance getting the pre shading right, a skill I haven't yet mastered. Too much paint and you loose the effect, too little and it looks false. Your model looks fine to me Andy.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The surface detail is rather nice on those wings.
Paint is looking very nice too. You busted the same canon off as I did. lol

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks all, I'm glad you like it.

The fuzzy edges of the camo are growing on me. Not accurate but I think they soften the overall look.