Antonov An-2 (Revell, 1/72)

J

James Q

Looks nice, I like the look of the red and white scheme (bottom photo, last option)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm I quite like that Polish one as well Ian.

How is the kit Roman, any chance of a shot of the trees?

Ian M

V

Vajled

\ said:
Hmm I quite like that Polish one as well Ian.How is the kit Roman, any chance of a shot of the trees?

Ian M
I have doubts between bottom pics red-white (4th pic) and 2nd pic white one with blue strip :smiling3:

Shure Ian, will do later tonight and post a closeup pics of tree

Like now how can I see model is pritty ok, nice details, nice tree without any .... (sorry dont know on english) extra plastic...

and if I am right this is prepack of Trupmeter...

Roman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Roman it's nice to see something different being built.

Vaughan

T

tecdes

Think I have solved your problem Roman on choice. The finish on all the pictures looks good.

What about buying another 3 for the full set.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like a good crisp moulding. The excess plastic which you did not know the word for is called flash. Not much sign of that in the photos though.

I was looking at one of these in 1/48, but the size scared me away.

I look forwards to seeing the build and finding out which of the schemes you go for.

Ian M

V

Vajled

\ said:
Think I have solved your problem Roman on choice. The finish on all the pictures looks good.What about buying another 3 for the full set.

Laurie
Heheheh, I have thoots about that too :smiling3:

Must check for CROATIAN AF decals for that plane, in independent war those plane give a big effort and play a huge rule in the war...

During the night they run bomber mission over Vukovar town and also Medic Aid missions.

People in lack of weapons flew in this coffins under heavy AA fire, I think just 1 or 2 was lost.

They also drop "garage build bombs"... recepie: One huge water heater or gas bottle of 50 litle or bigger / or some metal tubing 19-21" / or similar thing... put inside nails, nuts, screws, from every size, also some steel scrap little and big one... etc... and at the end put some C4 or similar with fuse... and weld cover over it... and thats it :smiling3:

Dop on target counting 5.4.3.2.1. Droooop with taunge in the middle of mouth... for better aiming :smiling3:

You cannot belive it, it was very successful method of air strike...

I know in era of moder and electronic warfare this story is pritty funny, but it was very scary and these attacks kick out from the platoon many, many serbian soldiers.

When you dont have anything, An-2 is also very, very quality plane... like you have F-117 :smiling3:

heheheh

Cheers

Roman

P.S.

It's documentary on Croatian language, but if someone want to watch... can see everything :smiling3:

[video=youtube;Orl0u-c9VvQ]

Those guys have balls of steel :smiling3:

In that kind airplane flew over enemy AA guns and missles :smiling3:

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now that is a camo job. Go for it Roman!

Ian M

A

AJay

Look forward to seeing what you choose, Roman. I have a friend on Fb who flies one of these.

V

Vajled

Started it this evening... so far cockpit is finished and engine also :smiling3:

all red marked is home build from stiren, wires... etc

Cheers,

Roman

V

Vajled

cockpit glued into fuselage and fuselage together... also lower wing.

dry fit

it's not to bad at all... will be little of putty and sanding but nothing special...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Coming along nicely Roman.

IanM

First Name
Drew
It's starting to take shape Roman. Looking forward to seeing the final paint scheme.

J

James Q

That looks a lovely little kit Roman. The added detail you have done is fantastic at that size. Look forward to seeing what scheme you go with.