Auster Autocrat-Another orphan needs TLC

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The subject of a garage fire which burnt the wings for this lovely Auster Autocraft,so Wonwing to the rescue pack it up and send it to me and I will see what can be done ? the said Auster arrives mummyfied having survived the journey a feat in itself,so what to do well it just happens that I have a spare set of wings for another mark of Auster than can be modified to fit the Autocrat,a quick mock up to see what it will look like and what will be required ? well different wing attachments but thats no big problem first remove the wing joiners and then alter them to fit,canopy badly crazed and broken,a phone call to DB Models,yes we can sort one out for you.
The cockpit interior had to be striped to remove the nasty IC fuel tank as this time its going to be nice clean electric power,a few hours of hacking and out with the fuel tank reveals fuel soakage so heat up the iron and with lots of absorbent tissue apply constant heat which draws out the oil,then once clear soak with thin cyno outside.
The old Auster which was used in the TV series 'Airline' will fly again,she is a film star so got to look after her.

Somewhere in there is an Auster !

Leaving home for the aviation orphanage,wingless.

Arrival day unpacked for inspection.

Out with those nasty engine bearers.

Meet your new wings,the restoration can now get underway.