• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fenlander

Simple post.

Do you still want another Group Build for the end of this year or have you had enough?

If you want to put forward your suggestions as to what it can be then please post them below.

I am away from the 18th to 22nd Oct so the poll above will run for the next 12 days and close, assuming we do not come to a conclusion by then.

M

msm2

Voted. How about just one scale for the GB but could be anything as long as its that scale.

Tony..

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yes please..........D. Day plus or minus 2 days. No further either way!

Ron

D

dm73

Yes please, looking forward to my first GB, how about something around the art of the sniper, offense and defense of the Market Garden bridges, just a couple ideas from a rookie.

Cheers

Darren

S

sprayman

I would love to get involved in a GB........how about Afrika, also getting involved in Russian armour at the moment, maybe a Russian feel, like Stalingrad.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
D-day sounds good to me or Vietnam, that should give plenty of scope

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I probably won't be doing the winter GB - just far too much on - unless it coincides with something I've already got going!

I'd still like to see a film theme GB - if that gets the vote I'm in :smiling3:

Cheers

Paul

G

Greg147

A definate yes from me. Vietnam might be interesting, and I've posted a few other ideas on this board. So long as it's not too specific (i.e. a single vehicle, or something), then I'll be happy ;)

M

msm2

Vietnam aircraft just did a little search,quite a few used. Have a few in my stash too.

Tony..

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As a WWII kind of guy I'll go with D-Day. It's a broad enough theme as you can do anything from a battleship to a solitary sniper.

Cheers

Steve

D

delmonteman

I'm up for it. Not been involved in one as yet. Spending hours covered in glue & paint seems to be the only thing to get my mind off bloody life insurance at the minute (it's what I do!) I've not done any WWII stuff yet so that'd be interesting but can't be more specific.

R

Richy C

I`m well up for it , as for a topic I would like anything British , a British anything goes GB or British ww2 GB would suit me, but at the end of the day whatever is picked - I`m in

Richy

L

Lancasterb1

Long shot here and hope it goes down well, as it is the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain, why not try 1940, which gives you the Phoney war, Battle of France, Invasion of the Low Countries and Norway as well as the Battle of Britain. There are a lot of kits out there that cover that period and I doubt if anyone would have trouble finding something suitable. These are my thoughts, but I will go with the majority so count me in!

Andy

F

Fenlander

Based on the above we have a desire to do a build. As I see it the most popular are D-Day and Vietnam. However, Battle of Britain does sound interesting but quite a few have been building similar stuff. So, if it is to be one of these can you just post D-Day, Vietnam or BoB below as a simple poll.

Can I suggest that if we go with D-Day or Vietnam, we make it a vignette? A small scene with a max of one vehicle and/or just figures, plenty of scope for the sniper type scenario (I am conscious of how much good modern armour and figures cost). If we go with BoB it can be any model, scale etc.

I don't think we could do a Stalingrad one Ray, not straight after the Eastern front GB, I would get lynched lol (much as I love the Russian stuff)

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Just seen this one Graham and it's yes mate, love the GB's we have. Like the idea of a D-Day vignette GB, keeps things nice & simple that way.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Same as John, a D-Day vignette gets my vote...Plenty of scope, yet uncomplicated.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
BoB gets my vote followed by D-Day. Vinigarette? Nah If you want to do the whole of omah beach in 1/35 go for it I say. Why limit it to a couple of figures.

Are we still talking the three month :smiling: as at the start of all this GB talk or are we going for four :confused: again...

just an other idea, to add to the dialema. What about a GB that starts out; Well I found this photo and I thought.....

Yes do a dio direct from an authentic photo. No period restrictions or any thing else. Just find a photo, post the photo in your first post and get going..... That could be fun. Couldn't it?

Ian M

F

Fenlander

I think the photo idea will be a great idea for the next one Ian, quite like that. I think it will be a 4 month GB to allow for the time lost getting fat and drunk over Christmas/New year.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
On reflection I'm inclined to agree with my learned friend from Denmark....Why indeed limit it to a salt and vinegarette?

Let's choose a subject and away to go. There are some very simple, yet very effective small dioramas and vignettes in the G/B that's still running, so how about just altering the time and place for the winter one and have another free for all?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.