Avro Lancaster " special " Dambusters 1/72

First Name
Robert
L

Laurie

Nice model Robert. I found not an easy aircraft to build with the gun turrets.

Laurie

First Name
Robert
I think gun turrets on this scale are limited to details and I found it tricky but as I was in the mood for BBMF I bought two lancs one was Dambuster. I stil have the BBMF to complete ( bought the 8 brass barrels for it but still in box awaiting installation

Regards

Robert

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Robert

That looks like a fine Lancaster. The camo looks well applied with good details. Is there anyway you can take pictures outside. I think you may get better results with more natural light.

Good job and looking forward to the BBMF version.

Cheers

P

BTW, I was only just looking at this kit today but decided to hold off for the 1/32 version. The Lanc is an aircraft that just HAS to be in a collection! (at any scale)

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Hi Robert
That looks like a fine Lancaster. The camo looks well applied with good details. Is there anyway you can take pictures outside. I think you may get better results with more natural light.

Good job and looking forward to the BBMF version.

Cheers

P

BTW, I was only just looking at this kit today but decided to hold off for the 1/32 version. The Lanc is an aircraft that just HAS to be in a collection! (at any scale)
I will try taking some pics outside see if it helps with the lighting ( good idea )

I asked my wife once should I build the 1/48 version but I would love to see a 1/32 version. ( piggy bank may get raided for this

Do you know a price??

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
but I would love to see a 1/32 version
Expect a price tag around the £250 mark if HK's B17 is anything to go by. Expensive but will be bloody impressive at that scale.

Cheers

P

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Expect a price tag around the £250 mark if HK's B17 is anything to go by. Expensive but will be bloody impressive at that scale.
Cheers

P
For that price I want 4 merlin engines ( detailed turrets,ammo etc full bomb bay ( with ordnance, etc etc but yes I think I would buy it

Looking at the new tamiya mossie too 1/32!!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks good. As Paul said, outside pic's will definitely help - that's where I have to do mine.

First Name
Mike
Looks good Robert. What did you use for the aerial wires? I'm impressed that you've kept them taut over such lengths.

D

dubster72

A very nice Lancaster Robert! Can't imagine why I've never built one, but maybe yours will inspire me :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice Robert, good work mate.

Si:smiling3: