Azure Blue?

First Name
Adrian
Hi,

I'm in need of guidence yet again with colours, as most know normally I use Tamiya acrylics and now need to match from an Airfix colour, the colours I am trying to match are Azure blue no.157 and matt scarlet no.60. Its for the Spitfire Mk.Vb over Libya. Ive done a search and can see an Azure blue in the Vallejo RAF sets but cant seem to find it on its own.

Adrian

T

tecdes

Adrian azure blue according to Vallejo is FS35231 Vallejo Model Air 71.108.

Says underside fighters & bombers.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It was the official underside colour for the tropical scheme. It's quite......well........blue. Sky,which worked well in northern Europe didn't work so well in the brighter African/Mediterranean skies.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Michael
Hi Adrian, I've had a look on various conversion charts and can't find a direct replacement for humbrol 157 in a Tamiya acrylic, if you want to use tamiya it may be you have to mix it, I'll have another look when I get a chance. M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Doing an eyeball comparison between the tamiya paint chart and the humbrol paint chart, XF-18 Medium Blue look a good match.

Tamiya Color - Acrylic Paint

157 AZURE BLUE 14ml MATT Enamel Tinlet by Humbrol

Don't know but it may be close enough.

Tony.

First Name
Adrian
Thanks, I actually found this in the shop here ,

RAF Azure Blue Xtracrylix XA1026

so ordered me it along with a few other bits,,, and yeah your right it is really blue :smiling3:

Adrian