Badger 200G - Is mine leaking?

C

Cooperman69

Hi all,

I've been using my Badger 200g airbrush now for a few months and I've recently noticed air leaking from the front/nozzle. It's not a vast amount but when the airbrush is sitting between jobs it enough to make a drip on the tip over say 5 mins. Also if I brush some cleaner over the nozzle, it creates a slowly increasing bubble before bursting. Air pressure is only about 20psi.

Is this pretty normal for Badger build quality or do I have a leaky seal. It's only 6 months old and had limited use but it may have been doing it from the start but I never noticed.

Atb, Colin.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
take the needle out and clean it and also the nozzle. It could be some thing as simple as a flake of paint in the nozzle, stopping the needle from closing 100%.

My airbrush does it sometimes if I have been a bit too quick with the cleaning.

Ian M

C

Cooperman69

Thanks for the reply Ian.

I probably confused the issue by saying the paint drips from the needle but that's only when the needle is unscrewed enough to be able to spray with it, and I believe the air leaking draws some paint through the nozzle to drip.

When it screwed up home then no paint comes out at all.

The nozzle and tip are completely clean, I always give a good soak with solvent and use AB brushes followed by compressed air to clean out. The leak I believe is coming past the valve.

Colin

W

wbk666

i've had a nozzle "crumble" on me today :sad:

luckily i've managed to get the thread out.

Sometime my "button" sticks down a little and that causes air to come out of the nozzle

P

phalinmegob

i suffered once from this on my badger, a small amount of paint had got down past the trigger and was causing it to stick a little,just stripped it down and gave it proper clean and it sorted itself out.

C

Cooperman69

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.

It's amazing where paint can get!

Atb, Colin.

C

Cooperman69

Well, finally got to strip the air valve down and although no paint was found I did discover the valve seat where the o-ring sits and seals had a tiny score in the face. It must have been like this from day one!

So took delivery of a new air valve today, fitted it and all is well.

Be interesting to see next time I use it if I have as many tip drying issues as I've had.

Atb, Colin.