Ban Dai 1/72 Resistance X-Wing fighter

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I’ve been a Star Wars fan since the first film came out. I’ve seen lots of these built on YouTube and always wanted to try one. They basically just clip together, no glue or paint required. If you just build it straight oob they provide a sticker option for all the markings etc or if like me you want to paint it there’s a full set of decals too. The model comes with a base to display it flying or you can build it with its feet down and build your own base. It is supplied with two pilot figures for this, one seated and one standing. It also builds up with working wings, the 1/48 models have motors to open and close them but that’s also reflected in their price. Here’s what’s in the box.
E356585D-96F0-4AA4-8537-905F94AF27DC.jpeg

Main sprues

EE42306F-598C-4F8D-8176-96A1D4A7FBC7.jpeg

Base
2F82BDFC-695A-4EED-857B-6DC6312668C1.jpeg

Decals and stickers
43E3FC76-7E62-4BBD-898C-DB545EA11113.jpeg

I like the easy to spot frame ID
4414F082-F95E-4E44-966B-334CFD5DDDD7.jpeg

The instruction sheet folds out and is in Japanese As you progress through the build there is a picture at the top showing where you’re up to and what it should look like.
CDCDC708-BAE4-41CD-8E39-5595716F43AE.jpeg

Looking forward to this when I can fit it in.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I'm in for this one Mick, :thumb2: :thumb2:, you just gotta love Bandai's Star Wars kits, they build up into pretty accurate replicas straight out of the box, and with a tiny bit of extra work they look stunning..

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You know of course that Bandai got the engines totally wrong on this otherwise truly excellent kit?

How are those jet turbines supposed to spin when they're split in two halves?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Missed this!!
Like you Mick,and Chris,(both of em!! ;). ), I've always had a liking for Star Wars stuff since seeing the first film as a boy in the 70's. :smiling3:
Love the look of these fighters especially, just a question.....I know it's 1/72 but,how big actually is it?....
Following all the way mate. ;)

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Missed this!!
Like you Mick,and Chris,(both of em!! ;). ), I've always had a liking for Star Wars stuff since seeing the first film as a boy in the 70's. :smiling3:
Love the look of these fighters especially, just a question.....I know it's 1/72 but,how big actually is it?....
Following all the way mate. ;)
@The Smythe Meister ....Here's my Bandai X-wing (1/72) with a bottle of paint for size comparison..

IMG_8174.jpg

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Mick I’m not a Star Wars fan but my oldest brother is don’t know anything about it. I like your start date May 4th be with you I did get that. Lol looks good on your updates. Sometimes you just got to dive in head first.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Looks a fine kit Mick. You've made a lot of quick progress. Are you building it without glue or do you feel happier with sticking it?
Its a lovely kit Jim and engineered with some tight tolerances as you'd expect but as mine is never going to be taken apart again I am using a bit of glue too.
Mick I’m not a Star Wars fan but my oldest brother is don’t know anything about it. I like your start date May 4th be with you I did get that. Lol looks good on your updates. Sometimes you just got to dive in head first.
Cheers Lee the start date was accidental but spookily accurate.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I've made a bit more progress but needed to get some decals on the the cockpit and needed to paint up the pilot because it will get to the point where I cant put him in. As I was going to be painting one I've also painted up the other one supplied if you're displaying it on the ground. I was really impressed with the detail in these 1/72 figures, not so impressed with the three part helmet decals. Loads of micro sol used to settle them down. I think a different base now instead of the one supplied to use both figures and their droid.
P.jpg