YES Mick excellent build on that Xwing always loved them as i love SI FI
WELL DONE my freind
chrisb

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Mick, sorry I missed your painting post, but have just caught up with this one. I'm glad you went with the coat of paint and the weathering Buddy. She does look well flown through the Galaxy!!! With all the space debris, asteroid dust and chunks of destroyed planets flying around, you've nailed the finish excellently, Sir!!! Figs are looking good too........

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Wow Mick, sorry I missed your painting post, but have just caught up with this one. I'm glad you went with the coat of paint and the weathering Buddy. She does look well flown through the Galaxy!!! With all the space debris, asteroid dust and chunks of destroyed planets flying around, you've nailed the finish excellently, Sir!!! Figs are looking good too........

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen I've really enjoyed building it, always good to try something different

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely finish Mick, even though I'm not a hardcore SW fan I do have a Speederbike dio build that keeps being called up for duty at SW events. I'm going to be stuck at one this weekend listening to endless Return of the Jedi theme music. :smiling6:
Good call on painting it with the chipping and weathering. Turned out really nicely.

Cheers,
Wabble

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Lovely finish Mick, even though I'm not a hardcore SW fan I do have a Speederbike dio build that keeps being called up for duty at SW events. I'm going to be stuck at one this weekend listening to endless Return of the Jedi theme music. :smiling6:
Good call on painting it with the chipping and weathering. Turned out really nicely.

Cheers,
Wabble
Thanks Wabble I do like my scifi but not at geek level :smiling: Hope you have a good weekend

Ah Mick, the force is strong in you!
Looks fabulous
All the best
Paul
Many thanks Paul

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just had a ketchup on this Mick, lovely work so far and that chipping looks really effective! :thumb2:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Base knocked up, addition of some decals and weathering with starship filth, fuel and oil stains. Moving to completed builds tomorrow
75AB5462-4F44-4395-8F89-11C67521BE08.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's turned out a real beauty Mick. I've heard of using masking fluid for chipping but this is the first time I've seen it done. It has worked well.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's turned out a real beauty Mick. I've heard of using masking fluid for chipping but this is the first time I've seen it done. It has worked well.
Thanks Jim, I just need to refine the application but like with everything practice makes perfect

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
I've made a bit more progress but needed to get some decals on the the cockpit and needed to paint up the pilot because it will get to the point where I cant put him in. As I was going to be painting one I've also painted up the other one supplied if you're displaying it on the ground. I was really impressed with the detail in these 1/72 figures, not so impressed with the three part helmet decals. Loads of micro sol used to settle them down. I think a different base now instead of the one supplied to use both figures and their droid.
View attachment 481845
Nice figures, really neat.