Battle of Britain 1/32 Ju87 b-2 build (Trumpeter) Complete

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Everyone

As promised here's quite a few pics of the completed BoB Stuka. I'm calling this complete but actually this model may end up being the centre piece of a vignette with MDCs bomb trolley and a couple of figures.

Anyway I hope you like the model and the pics.

Cheers

P

Note: Part 1 of my Battle of Britain builds can be found here...

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/finished-adolf-gallands-109e-4n-battle-of-britain-build-part-1-finished.19294/

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Willi262

Looks amazing!

I had tried to hand paint the little schnauser emblems on the nose of my own 144 scale Ju-87, in case anyone was wondering what those were supposed to be...

This one should take point of pride in your collection, it really does look good.

C

Caledonia

That is one outstanding build Paul, great paintwork, weathering, chipping and even the aerial fitting at the tail. You should be very proud of that one. Cheers Derek

D

dubster72

Brilliant Paul! This is a reference class build to anyone who wants to do a Stuka.

The attention to detail is amazing, and the paintwork is perfect.

Well done!

Cheers

Patrick

R

Ray Scheller

Awesome build. The Stuka is one of my favorite German planes. They have unusual lines that can be difficult to get right but you've done a remarkable job. The weathering is perfect in my opinion. It would be welcome addition in my collection. Great job.

Ray

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Simply flawless Paul , its a superb build and all the extra work and attention to detail really shines through. Its the little details that always mark a truly special build and yours has got them in spades! from the insulators and tension spring on the aerial , to the ring and bead sights on the gun and the stencilling on the aerial mast its spot on in every way . (i like it ) cheers tony

G

Graham D

The weathering and chipping is really good, as well as the paint work. How did you do the aerial fitting for the tail?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Beautiful job that would grace any model shelf, a really top quality 'Stuka'.

I've followed your trials and tribulations but that result must surely make it worth the considerable effort!

Cheers

Steve

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Absolutely stunning Paul,cannot add any more than ,what the lads have said , well done

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

The Stuka is a favourite aircraft of mine and I had to wait quite a while before a modern kit became available to build one in 1/32. The kit has some flaws and there were one or 2 low points in the build but generally this has been a really enjoyable kit to build. I'm going to round up the build log with a review of all the parts used as well as the stockists to find them. In this way I hope that the build log will be of most use to anyone reading.

The weathering and chipping is really good, as well as the paint work. How did you do the aerial fitting for the tail?
Graham: I've included a detailed account of how the aerial cone and tension spring were done in the build log found here:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/1-32-battle-of-britain-build-part-2-stuka-trumpeters-ju-87-b-2.25812/page-6

Steve: Your knowledge on all-things-Luftwaffe continue to help a great deal. Thanks for the heads up on the book it truly is a great read (I'm thinking about getting the Ju88 version!) Also, taking the time to upload the pics just when I needed some guidance - cheers!!!

Joe: (If you're reading this) Thanks for pointing the decal issue out - I'd have been red faced now had that slipped through the net!

Vaughan: (If you're reading this) Thanks for the continued support.

I don't want this to turn into some kind of gushing acceptance speech so I just finish by saying thanks to all that popped by during the build.

Cheers

P

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You must be well chuffed with that Paul. That is truly wonderful. So many little details to feast the eyes on. Love the Aerial connectors at the tail.

Great work and great paint.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Paul thats absolutely brilliant ! The Craftsmanship that has gone into this is nothing short of outstanding . Very nicely done Sir 5 stars just are'nt enough.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It was a pleasure to watch this build Paul, the finished Stuka is beautiful. Glad everything turned out well, it has sure come out as a model which you should be very proud of in your display.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks again guys, Joe, Trey, Mike, everyone

I think the next aircraft in this BoB series will definitely have green and brown camouflage and have roundels! I have 2 PCM hurricanes waiting in the wings but then again the new Revell Spit is due in June!

Cheers

Paul

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
:eek: That's just freaking stunning!!!

Lee :smiling3:

M

mobear

the weathering the colour the detailing and the cockpit are stunning,one of the very best stuks i have ever seen