Bedford QLC

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hello and welcome to my first build for almost a year. I just had the need to hack some plastic and build something the victim was this. A Bedford truck from IBG.

First impressions of the kit, first time I have built one of theirs, are good. some mould seam lines but other wise good clean sprues with not to bad gates.

Here are a couple of photos:

The box, so you can see what it should look like, and some of the built up parts.

View attachment 93206

View attachment 93204

The instructions are of the 3D graphic type and apart from a bit dark are good enough. Paint call outs are few and far between, but not a problem. (paint codes are for Vallejo! bonus).
View attachment 93205

Her is the motor/gearbox. about 25 parts!
More later. Right now I have to figure out some kind of extraction so I can start spraying again.

God I missed the smell of polyglue... o.O

Ian M

IMAG1779.jpg

IMAG1780.jpg

IMAG1781.jpg

P

Polux

The other day I was looking one of this Ian!!

I really like this kind of trucks and his possibilities...

Go for it mate ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Ian. Good to see you are assembling plastic again! I have off and on again projects on the go, just never seem to have the time and motivation in the same place as of late.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Nice to see you building again Ian,and what a good start as well, ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers.

Giving up the house sale, at least until spring/summer, so I was allowed to pack some toys out again :smiling3:

Going by this kit, I could end you getting the others as well, they are up to four or five Bedfords and all look rather good.

Ian M

S

steve scan

I am looking forward to seeing this finished, I have toyed with one of these on and off.

E

Edgar Brooks

From 1960-63, I worked at a company that repaired lorries, mostly Bedfords, and, from what I remember, Army vehicles, whether QL or RL, were the same bronze green inside and out. RAF vehicles were blue outside and a 50-year-old memory recalls what seems remarkably like Sky inside.

D

Deleted member 3568

Great that you're starting again will be watching this.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for that Edgar. Thinking that this might end up either RAF (how early where they in service with them?) or possibly Navy...Which I understand where painted in the colour they had most of. Battleship Grey! (but I'm probably wrong)!

Anyway I got a few more bits stuck together this evening. I'm going for as many sub assemblies as possible before I have to find a painting solution.

Here are the bits so far.

View attachment 93268

View attachment 93269

View attachment 93270

View attachment 93271

The axle units where a fiddle and could have been constructed much more simply... or just had at least a couple of locating pins.

Still all good fun.

Ian M

IMAG1782.jpg

IMAG1783.jpg

IMAG1784.jpg

IMAG1785.jpg

First Name
Richard
Glad to see you back getting your hands dirty;) took you long enough:rolleyes:

Looks like it's a good detailed kit, never heard of IBG.

Good luck Ian for the rest of your build and I will keep my eye on this one if you don't mind:D

Cheers Richi

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers Richi. Its a fairly new Polish firm. They have done some 1/72 stuff for a while and have moved up into 1/35. Them together with Mirror Models are churning out some rather good British soft skins and I have plans for a good few of them...

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm finally going to see an Ian M build :eek: :D I'm looking forward to this Ian I love the old QLD but it's hard to find one , I have a 1/76 airfix one but the scale lets this beautiful old work horse down :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I love the old QLD but it's hard to find one
I'm sure if you ask John he will get one in for you. IBG also do the QLB, which is next on my to buy list. The QLT and QLR

You can see them here: http://en.ibg.com.pl/en,producent,ibg-models,170,1,name,asc.html

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I'm sure if you ask John he will get one in for you. IBG also do the QLB, which is next on my to buy list. The QLT and QLRYou can see them here: http://en.ibg.com.pl/en,producent,ibg-models,170,1,name,asc.html

Ian M
Thanks for that Ian I'll give that a look :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I really must figure out some kind of spray booth what not soon. I am fast approaching the point where paint has to start flying...

View attachment 93343

Got the suspension, and most of the other bits of the rolling chassis sorted
View attachment 93344

As is will hardly be seen I have put the engine and radiator in as well.
View attachment 93345

View attachment 93346

Going for a top down bed, so I build the case up and started all the dangly bits
I might put the frames up for the tarp and make a tarp out of tissue, the one in the kit, for a covered version, the tarpaulin and the sides of the bed are moulded in one... Not my cup of tea, even if it does look good.

Ian M

IMAG1787.jpg

IMAG1788.jpg

IMAG1789.jpg

IMAG1790.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It looks a well detailed kit Ian. Your making a great job of it also.

Looking forward to more, and I hope you get your spray booth sorted soon to see some colour on this.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Ian,real like all the detail ,on it,look forward to seeing more, ;)

First Name
Mike
I've never heard of this manufacturer but from your photos, it looks like a well-detailed and sharply moulded kit. What nationality are 'IBG Models'? Nice work so far Ian.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers Mike they are from Poland. There is a link further up the page, Just make sure that you select IBG in the manufacturers as they also sell Other brands.

I dont think they do things with wings though, lol

Ian M