Belgian Army JPK 120, 1980s

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The Belgian Army’s JPK 120 is done! The build thread is here, but for those who haven’t followed that, this is my interpretation of a West German test vehicle from the 1970s, “what if” it had been an actual prototype and adopted after necessary modifications.

IMG_9714.jpegIMG_9715.jpegIMG_9716.jpegIMG_9717.jpegIMG_9718.jpegIMG_9719.jpegIMG_9720.jpegIMG_9721.jpeg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That turned out exceptionally good. Nice one!

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice, Jakko. Is that a blank firing attachment on the MGs muzzle ? Nice touch.
John.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, all :smiling3:

Is that a blank firing attachment on the MGs muzzle ? Nice touch.
It is, together with a blue ammo can for a belt of blank rounds. The idea is that it’s on exercise somewhere in Belgium or Germany in the late 1980s.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Missed the finale!!
Looks great to me Jakko,and certainly nice to see something out of the norm. :smiling3:
The figure adds that certain "something" too,all in all,a cracking build... any thoughts of a little base at all? ;)

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks, Jakko. I didn't know about the blue ammo can. I take it that is a Belgium army thing?
John.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks great to me Jakko,and certainly nice to see something out of the norm. :smiling3:
Thanks, and yes, it does have a pretty unique look to it :smiling3:

The figure adds that certain "something" too
I think I forgot to mention that, but it’s resin, from Hobby Fan (the parent/sibling company of AFV Club), indented for the AFV Club AIFV kit. Though they sell it as a “Nato YPR-765 conductor” the figure is actually wearing Belgian tank overalls (the YPR-765 being the Dutch version of the FMC AIFV).

any thoughts of a little base at all? ;)
Thoughts, yes, room, no …

I didn't know about the blue ammo can. I take it that is a Belgium army thing?
I’ve also seen it elsewhere, I think, but they tend to be fairly prominent on Belgian vehicles on exercise. It always indicates blank rounds, but they used to do something odd that I saw in a fair number of photos: the crew piled the belt onto the bracket for the box, then stuck the empty box (minus lid) vertically over the rear of that bracket to keep the belt from falling out … I still haven’t worked out why they didn’t just put the box into the bracket and fed the belt from that.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's a odd looking vehicle! Great job on it Jakko, looks fab

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks :smiling3: I had fun building it — well, mostly fun :smiling3: — but I’m kind of glad it’s done, too, because as usual it took longer than expected …