Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think that the second position looks better, the wall seems to be in the way in the first.

And it's looking very good Alan, but how long has that house been demolished ? With the trees and bushes growing inside it ?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys , it's an old ruin as opposed to blown up , with the big hole at the front to have it blown up I couldn't have it too exposed and there would be nothing to cover that gap but if I make it a ruin it gave me scope to give it a bit more cover :smiling3:

P

Polux

The second one for me!

And the tank can run away if the things don't go as they expected :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Second one for me too alan , as polux says if the ambush turns a bit pear shaped they can always get out quickly , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Either way looks good to me Alan, but there should be some sign of tracks on the rubble where the tank moved into that corner - it couldn't have come through the wall .....

L

Laurie

From a tactical point of view if I was the commander of the tank I would go for no1.

The tank can not be seen by the enemy and has a first class position for attacking tanks or infantry coming in.

In case of getaway in no2 the tank has to come forward and expose itself more. No 1 it can back and slide away

behind the wall and therefore is not exposed during retreat.

In no 2 any good commander would have positioned his tank the other side of the gable wall.

No 1 any shell would hit the wall. No 2 any shell would hit the tank.

Visually from a model point of view it is the opposite of all the above no2 looks the best.

Laurie

PS no1 is how the Germans would have parked their tank.

No2 is how the USA and GB would have sacrificed another Sherman knowing there was another around the corner.

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers dave :smiling3:

It won't leave track marks it may leave a depression as its rubble not dirt , when this drys out it will go a dusty grey colour but at the moment it's sopping wet with watered down glue :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
From a tactical point of view if I was the commander of the tank I would go for no1.
The tank can not be seen by the enemy and has a first class position for attacking tanks or infantry coming in.

In case of getaway in no2 the tank has to come forward and expose itself more. No 1 it can back and slide away

behind the wall and therefore is not exposed during retreat.

In no 2 any good commander would have positioned his tank the other side of the gable wall.

No 1 any shell would hit the wall. No 2 any shell would hit the tank.

Visually from a model point of view it is the opposite of all the above no2 looks the best.

Laurie

PS no1 is how the Germans would have parked their tank.

No2 is how the USA and GB would have sacrificed another Sherman knowing there was another around the corner.
Quite correct laurie there's more cover in No 1 , I do have some ambush figures , ones got a panzerfaust and he's squatting so he could be covering the rear in case of something sneaking up behind

Mind you he does get squashed if the tank backs out :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Form a tactical point of view, the first could be the best....Hit the target , yet still able to escape.

In the second, hit the target, nowhere to go except towards the enemy...

As a stand alone model, the second is by far the best...

I agree with Dave, the rubble in front of the tank needs flattening a bit, as the machine would have done when backing in.

Also, I know it's not finished, but are you going to thicken the walls like you did with your 'Africa' building?

Can't think of anything else just yet!!! ;) :P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Form a tactical point of view, the first could be the best....Hit the target , yet still able to escape.
In the second, hit the target, nowhere to go except towards the enemy...

As a stand alone model, the second is by far the best...

I agree with Dave, the rubble in front of the tank needs flattening a bit, as the machine would have done when backing in.

Also, I know it's not finished, but are you going to thicken the walls like you did with your 'Africa' building?

Can't think of anything else just yet!!! ;) :P
I could thicken the wals mat but there are two reason why I won't

1 I can't get the right position as I loose space

And

2 I too lazy to bother :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a loozer......Si, tell him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
What a looser......Si, tell him!
See I told you I was being lazy I couldn't even be bothered to delete the second o :P :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Touche mon ami....

That's wot appens wen I leave the wife to rit my repliys...anyway, wot's a 'wals mat'?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
1 would be the most realistic in terms of tactics.

2 looks better visually and shows off the tank better