Best paint for sparying fine

A

andygh

Any paint, with practice but personally I prefer Gunze, although I'm experimenting with Lifecolor at the moment

If you're getting spidery lines try dropping the air pressure and maybe thinning the paint a little less

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
For me its Vallejo. The eye dropper bottle make life easy to load an a/b and to add drop by drop to get the right consistency with Vallejo thinner. The Air range do not need thinning of course though I sometimes do thin a little (80:20) or more if I am shading.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Any paint you like!

If you are getting spiders and catapilers you are either over thinning or have the air pressure to high

Try turning the air down first. If that don't work for you, mix the paint thicker.

Ian M

T

tecdes

Wondering Alexander. Does this happen when you are airbrushing large areas or when you are applying for example WW11 camo on German Aircraft, ie the "blobs" ?

Also does this happen when you first start airbrushing or is it during a session ?

Also is your compressor a tank or tankless type. Had problems with a tankless compressor recently which gave similar problems ie unbeknown to me, to start with, the air supply was not consistent & I was getting some splodges & also blockages.

Laurie