Bf109 G-4 "Erich Hartman"

Š

Španac

Clean and tidy work. Like a combination of the splinter motling scheme.

B

Bunkerbarge

Clean and tidy build but just a suggestion. Mottled camoflage can be done with a brush but it is most realistic if you use a dry brush technique to apply it to give you a nice soft edges effect. You have created such an effect around the cannon channels and the exhausts and if you had done something similar with the mottling would have been perfect.

T

TheCat30

Hi Richard - Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will apply that technique to future builds. I'm always trying new ways to make my models better than the last one. These model planes that I'm posting are planes that I've built a few years back. Currently I'm on a car model building mood. But when I go back to planes I'm going to try the dry brush technique. Again, thanks. :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Mottled camoflage can be done with a brush but it is most realistic if you use a dry brush technique to apply it to give you a nice soft edges effect.
I agree with Richard. I have seen some very good brushed mottling but I have to say it can only really be replicated by spraying with an airbrush. It was camouflage that was sprayed on the aircraft at the time and often has a diffuse or cloudy quality which is very hard to replicate with a brush. This is not a criticism of your model of which I think you have made a good job.

I reproduced this diffuse mottle to try and replicate photographic references I had for this aircraft.

A very,very good brush painter may get close but any competent airbrusher can achieve this.

Cheers

Steve